Replies

• Sevak

A very interesting explanation why Krsna prefers to appear in the land called India though He appears in other countries too.

From Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura, commentary to Bhagavad Gita 4.7.

"The only criteria for My advent is that I am fully independent. Whenever I desire, I incarnate. Whenever there is a decline in religious principles and an increase in irreligiosity, I appear out of My own sweet will. My laws that govern universal affairs are inconceivable. Inevitably, in due course of time, irreligious practices become prominent. No one other than Me is capable of removing this fault. At that time, I appear in this world through the agency of My spiritual potency and reestablish religious principles. It is not that I only appear in the land of Bhārata, or India. According to the need, I incarnate among the demigods and animals, by My own free will. Do not think that I do not appear in the countries of the mlecchas and other societies that are outside the Vedic purview. If there is a decline in whatever little religious principles such fallen and wretched people follow as their prescribed duty, I appear among them as an empowered incarnation and protect those religious principles. But, because the prescribed duties as outline in the varṇāśrama society are only followed in the land of India, I take more care to reestablish the principles of religion of My devotees who reside there. That is why all my excellent incarnations, such as yugāvatāras and aṁśāvatāras, are found to appear in India. Wherever there is no practice of varṇāśrama-dharma, there will not be any proper execution of selfless karma-yoga, jñāna-yoga, and the ultimate goal of all yogas, bhakti-yoga. Still, whatever little devotion is seen among the members of non-Vedic societies should be understood as the result of the mercy of the Lord’s pure devotees."

This reply was deleted.