Hare Krsna respected devotee's,

If somebody, say I, is just doing his prescribed duties like Chanting 16 rounds, Daily Hearing, Reading Scriptures, Serving Tulsi Maharani, reciting Bhavad Gita, Doing Kirtan SERIOUSLY, following Ekadashi; without having a Diksha Guru or on the guidance of Siksha Guru. Then what will be the destiny of such devotee? Will he come back to this world because of formally NOT INITIATED?

I request Devotees to share their realizations and experiences based on their Hearing...regarding the same discussed above..

Thank you 

Hare Krsna...

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna.

Here is one video about this topic by His Holiness Indradyumna Swami. I hope it finds you well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noqoBtZINec 

Haribol!

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

The question is like asking - If someone wants to go from Mumbai to New york, is it compulsory for them to board an airplane ?

Technically it is not

But this question may or may not the most pertinent question.

A better question would be which is the safest, easiest and quickest way to go back home back to godhead. 

The answer to this is by surrendering to a pure devotee of Sri Krsna

tad viddhi praṇipātena
    paripraśnena sevayā
    upadekṣyanti te jñānaṁ
    jñāninas tattva-darśinaḥ

Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth. (Bg 4.34)

Instead of asking if initiation is compulsory or not, a person could ask how will initiation help us in going back home back to godhead. Here is the answer.

nṛ-deham ādyaṁ su-labhaṁ su-durlabhaṁ
     plavaṁ su-kalpaṁ guru-karṇadhāram
    mayānukūlena nabhasvateritaṁ
     pumān bhavābdhiṁ na taret sa ātma-hā

The human body, which can award all benefit in life, is automatically obtained by the laws of nature, although it is a very rare achievement. This human body can be compared to a perfectly constructed boat having the spiritual master as the captain and the instructions of the Personality of Godhead as favorable winds impelling it on its course. Considering all these advantages, a human being who does not utilize his human life to cross the ocean of material existence must be considered the killer of his own soul. SB 11.20.37)

There are many aspects that are helpful in taking a living entity back to godhead. We need not think whether each of them is compulsory. They are all helpful. Guru is most helpful. Without directions from an able captain, any boat can sink in the vast ocean.

Hare Krsna

• That's a very Good question & the trappings of expression of good intentions & grattatude are all known well by you.
    And no one can know what is the certen destany of any one ealse no one except Krishna.100%. accually your questions are refreshingly attentive, indicating ISKCON has gotten you'r Sincear attentions.
    One point worth remembering I found that early on, as I was purafying as a Brama'achar'reah all of that Compounded Devotional activities Camotion & Clammer was fine. Shoutting away the evel spirit's or whatever, it was purafying" & it did inspire me Who was generally an agnostic". . in my case "One Who beleaves in God's existence but also acknowledges that They them selves have not been convenced.
    That was my hard line belief.
    Now look at me I cant Shut down. . So i.e. Chant & dance your way to freedom so you can chan and CHANT your way back into Love for Go. Truth" Those Brahmen Rite's) that they are teaching us.
    Go a long long way when you are 1st. Getting your spiritual life back on -Cource, but admittedly you can not integrate all the weekly events and programs at a Temple in full into one's life & still have a flourishing home & a successful job. I'm just
    saying' if you eant to (cent percent surrender to the Ashrama & express yourSelf. But Pleze don't go getting all emotionally & mentally - fanatically fired-up hyped up having gone to every event for weeks becoming attracted and attached & then finding out your not a Sinyahsin*
    And blame Iskcon. OK!
    Just look at that as the purafying phase. & The real personal & family practice will most likly be develuped form' all the diverce aspects that uou are now observing & learning!
    I light a candle or two, make sure i'm seated comfortably chant sume.
    One day I'll have Diaties 2 or 3 sets maybe 2-10 Deities. But 1st I'll requier a New Wife
    The Karmi I'm now with
    Has scutteled Me for 22 years Mya's all payed up. We Can really reach for the true Stars.
    Insted of Wollow with the Hahgs wow cluldent feel lightening if it hitum in the head!
This reply was deleted.