Does every soul has three gunas by default?

Hare Krishna. Anyone please clear a DOUBT : Why Shri Madhvacharya ji said that BY DEFAULT there are 3 types of souls Satoguni, Rajoguni and tamoguni. Out of these three krsna NEVER-NEVER allow tamoguni soul to do bhakti and if it tries then krsna forcibly made do apradh to suffer in hell (heard from Shri keshav Anand prabhuji). As other hand "jiv swaroop is krsna nitya das"???

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I apologize for a poorly worded comment, but stand by the intention.  Lord Chaitanya (god) came down and gave us new rules for this age.  Were there older rules? Certainly.  Do they still apply? Not the ones replaced by Chaitanya. So yeah, null and void was a poor choice of words. But we also do not have to sit under a tree and meditate for 10,000 years at a time. 

Next time I will wrap in poetry & prose, with some sugar on top. I will now bow out of this mess of a conversation.  😎

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Thank you for presenting mature behaviour. Lord is always pleased when we are willing to admit our own shortcomings.

Hare Krsna

• i think u need devotee association mate.

• I have never read any of his teachings, so do not know what he did or did not say.  But... Lord Chaitanya, Srila Prbhupada, and our entire line of disciplic succession never said it (to my knowledge).  They say the maha mantra and bhakti allow everyone to return to Krishna. (this kind of brings up the debate - are we ISKCON, or Hindu?) I do not concern myself with outside teachers. 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

this kind of brings up the debate - are we ISKCON, or Hindu? 

We are neither. We are living entities part and parcel of Sri Krsna. Please do not try to bring up unnecessary debates.

Hare Krsna

• Humble obeisancances prabhuji....it is not my concern in what you believe. I like how you are sticked to the teachings of srila Prabhupada and other gaudiya Vaishnava acaryas but I think it's not correct to completely reject the teachings of other Vaishnava sampradayas. Moreover the gaudiya sampradaya lies in the disciplic line of madhva sampradaya (for reference see disciplic line chart in BG as it is). Madhvacharya is fifth in the line in the guru parampara beginning with Brahma (hence root is bramha sampradaya). The teachings of madhvacharya is absolutely in line with the teachings of lord shri caitanya mahaprabhu as gaudism is a branch of madhva sampradaya only. I think the prabhuji who asked the question has mistaken what keshav anand prabhuji has told in his lecture. So please don't address HDG madhvacharya as an outsider for he is our own guru and moreover I think that every devotee should respect all sampradayas and just follow his own. Secondly please don't draw distinctions bw the terms ISKCON and hindu. Hindu is a foreign name given to us by the outside forces who couldn't pronounce sindhu(people of sindhu valley). Hinduism is the dharma the people of Hind or more precisely bharatvarsha follow which was primarily called the santana dharama and popularily called as Hinduism today. ISKCON is the platform to provide us the topmost benefit one could derive from following the principles of sanatana Dharma i.e love of godhead and that too on an international platform by the formost grace of Srila Prabhupada.

I hope an excellent devotee like yours won't take an offense to what I have requested you. I just wanted you to save from a Vaishnava aparadha of insolency towards the great teacher (our own) shri madhavacarya ji.

Hare Krishna 🌸

• Not really

https://vedabase.io/en/library/cc/madhya/9/277/

check this CC excerpt.

haribol

CC Madhya 9.277
      • I mean no disrespect to any sages or demigods, but... Lord Chaitanya came after, and said chanting Hare Krishna is all anyone needs for this age.  Anyone. That is the new rule. If there was an older rule, it was for a different time. So when I say it is not my concern, I mean no disrespect, but as it is no longer the rule, it is just a history lesson. 

If you are truly covered with some layer of heavy maya you will not be interested in chanting or bhakti.  If you are interested in chanting and bhakti – Krishna accepts everyone. 

• Well, 

Hare Krishna,

I agree with Tukaram Das prabhu ji

https://vedabase.io/en/library/cc/madhya/9/277/

pls. read this part of Chaitanaya Charitamrita carefully. You will know why Gaudiya sampradaya is silightly differen than Madhava sampradaya. Though Gaudiya sampradya has some influence of Madhava sampradya but  Sri Chaitanaya Mahaprabhu argues here in CC 9.277 with Tattvaadi's belonging to Madhava sampradaya and didn't accept their philosophy entirely.

There is no offense but even CMP didn't entirely support  Madhava sampradaya. 

Hare Krishna.

CC Madhya 9.277
          • Hare Krishna mataji....I totally agree on the point that the philosophy of gaudiya sampradaya has a slight variation to madhva sampradaya. Shri caitanya mahaprabhu only picked things that were healthy for the KC and disregarded the tattvaadi philosophy as mentioned by you( Into KC from last 2 years so I'm new so haven't read CC yet😅). I was just bringing up the fact that he was given in the disciplic line of succession in BG As It Is and yes I was wrong when I said Madhva sampradaya is completely in line with the gaudiya sampradaya. Please pardon my insolency 🙏. I'm naive and I think I should reserve only to ask questions rather than answering them as of now😅.

This reply was deleted.