Does every soul has three gunas by default?

Hare Krishna. Anyone please clear a DOUBT : Why Shri Madhvacharya ji said that BY DEFAULT there are 3 types of souls Satoguni, Rajoguni and tamoguni. Out of these three krsna NEVER-NEVER allow tamoguni soul to do bhakti and if it tries then krsna forcibly made do apradh to suffer in hell (heard from Shri keshav Anand prabhuji). As other hand "jiv swaroop is krsna nitya das"???

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Out of these three krsna NEVER-NEVER allow tamoguni soul to do bhakti and if it tries then krsna forcibly made do apradh to suffer in hell

Sangam Pandey  Prabhu  Requesting you to please provide a reference to this statement from Bhagavad Gita or Srimad Bhagavatam

Hare Krsna. 

• Its pretty obvious what it means the soul is covered eternally by the 3 modes (until liberated). Means the soul doesnt know its covered by the 3 modes. So he always thinks he is the body, Hence the soul is always covered by the 3 modes (until libereated!)

• Totally bogus.  Krishna would never discourage bhakti.  Chanting and bhakti are what liberates a soul... but the OP says some souls are not allowed to practice bhakti?  Bogus. 

• I like how the replies here and devotees think they are better and more qualified to answer spiritual queations then srhi madhacharya, I guess they read more books then him)

• I base my answers on what Srila Prabhupada said. Lord Chaitanya said to chant Hare Krsna and go back to godhead - He is the recognized authority. The only books I have read are by Bhakitvendanta Prabhupada , Bhaktisiddanta, Bhativinoda Thakura,  and some senior ISKCON gurus. I mean no disrespect to any others, but if they are not in our Gaudiya Math, I do not need the distraction. I have more than enough to read from our gurus. 

I am ISKCON - and I thought this site was as well. 😎

• 1.Krishna
        2.Brahma
        3.Narada
        4.Vyasa
        5.Madhva

• Taking your list one item at a time.

1. Krishna. Krishna says chant Hare Krishna and go back to godhead. 

According to the Bhagvatam the guru is worth the sum total of all the demigods. If we worship guru and Krishna, that is all we need.  Even the demigods worship Krishna. There is much to learn from them, but only if they do not try to negate something Krishna said. I offer the demigods and sages no offense, but no worship either. 

So... the rest of your list is null and void.

• Sevak

Hare Krsna

So... the rest of your list is null and void.

The rest of the list is the guru parampara, it consists of dearmost devotees of Sri Krsna who appear in this material world to propagate the message of Sri Krsna. These are the words of Sri Krsna 

na ca tasmān manuṣyeṣu
            kaścin me priya-kṛttamaḥ
            bhavitā na ca me tasmād
            anyaḥ priya-taro bhuvi

There is no servant in this world more dear to Me than he, nor will there ever be one more dear. ( BG 18.69)

You are seem to be so blinded that you have not even read that list. On what basis are you saying the guru parampara consisitin of Narada muni who is guru of Prahlad and Dhruva to be  null and void? If you have no basis then it is blashmemy. We have no place for blasphemers in these forums. Nulling and voiding of guru parampara seems to be the mentalitiy of voidists. Srila Prabhupada has kicked the voidists well.

Namas te sārasvate deve gaura-vāṇī-pracāriṇe
            Nirviśeṣa-śūnyavādi-pāścātya-deśa-tāriṇe

Our respectful obeisances are unto you, O spiritual master, servant of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami. You are kindly preaching the message of Lord Caitanya and delivering the Western countries, which are filled with impersonalism and voidism.

Hare Krsna

• "I base my answers on what Srila Prabhupada said. Lord Chaitanya said to chant Hare Krsna and go back to godhead - He is the recognized authority." 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Please provide a reference from Srila Prabhupada's words for your blasphemous statement of calling the acaryas in guru paramparas as null and void. 

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.