hare krishna prabhujis/matajis.dandavat pranam.

i was cursed by a street beggar for not giving him money.does this kind of curses have any impact ?or is it ethical to give money to the inappropriate person as Sri Krishna says in Gita that Dana or charity should be given in a proper place .otherwise it may have  negative impact..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer
    Hare Krishna pr.
    Curses of any person is effective to the degree of power he has accumulated through austerities. And further you can refer to articles mentioned by other devotees here.
    I will give you a simple idea when eunuchs approach you for money, i try this and works most of the times. Just hold the bead bag visibly and chant closing your eyes. They will just repect it and not disturb you. Sometimes they give blessings also.
    On a funnier note (not sure, but it is only my understanding) : i think they have in their mind that these Hare Krishnas are themselves struggling hard to distribute books and collect donations, how will they give money, they are also our category :) hence they go away.
    • yes prabhuji.

• thank you mataji.hare krishna

• Hare Krishna,

“One who is beyond duality and doubt, whose mind is engaged within, who is always busy working for the welfare of all sentient beings, and who is free from all sins, achieves liberation in the Supreme.” (BG 5.25)

Acts of sacrifice, charity and penance are not to be given up but should be performed. Indeed, sacrifice, charity and penance purify even the great souls.( BG chapter 18. verse 5)

In the purport of this verse it is stated.."-If charity is given to suitable persons, as described previously, it leads one to advanced spiritual life.

=>The sufferings of humanity are due to forgetfulness of Krishna as the supreme enjoyer, the supreme proprietor, and the supreme friend.  So the real beneficial welfare work is to awaken everyone’s dormant Krishna consciousness.

indeed if you donate to a beggar we donno he will use that money to purchase meat or liquor or something..in this way you are helping him to go down rather than bringing him up.  A real KC person who is caring and compassionate to other's sufferings would act with empathy not with Sympathy.

There is a difference between Empathy and Sympathy. ''sympathy is feeling compassion, sorrow, or pity for the hardships that another person encounters. empathy is putting yourself in the shoes of another".

If you feel sympathy for his sufferings you would simply donate .....but it is of no use.

So the greatest welfare work is to spread this Krishna kirtan all over the world on the other hand a person engaged only in trying to improve the physical welfare of human society cannot factually help anyone. Temporary relief of the external body and the mind does not solve one’s actual problems. The real cause of one’s difficulties in the hard struggle for life is one’s forgetfulness of his relationship with the Supreme Lord. So the true welfare work which is beneficial for all the living entities of this universe is to popularize the chanting of the Hare Krishna mantra all over the world.

Donating to brahmin during solar eclipse time will give me good results will make me grow in spiritually this all is selfish acts. Ya they will give you good results.. BUt Our Krishna is pleased by NISHKAAMA KARMA.. the works done without thinking of the end result.

so free yourself from this duality of mind. Work for humanity without thinking of what benefit it will give you, or how fast you can grow spiritually. Just keep working for Krishna. And offer every work done to HIM. Say Sarvam Krishnaarpanamasthu!!

He will take care of everything!

One more thing is never hurt anyone. If you have no change in ur vallet say to the person that I am not carrying anything right now I will give you tomorrow. be kind in your words. If he abuses...it is okay. It is his karma.

Really speaking manav seva is madhav seva, moreover not just simply donate or simply feed him.. make him KC person. Remind him of his real position how he came down to this level. 

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krsna Mathaji..

Mathaji..we just meet them for 2-3 minutes ryt..? So within that time period how is it possible to make that person kc..?

• they do not take any prasadam nor food..if we refuse to give them money,they started cursing us....out  of fear of the curse,i sometimes pay to enunches ..for me 10 Rs has much value,as i am not a working person..still studing ..

• Hare Krishna., 

Then it is better to avoid them. Their curses wont matter already they are in a bad state....cursing someone will disqualify them more.  Even you give prasadam or food if they don't value that then better leave them to their fate.

nothing can be done.. 

Teaching the value of Karma. Earning something with pride instead of begging.  You could show them how to survive by doing good works like selling ..photos /stickers posters... or doing some service in temples like cleaning and earning food based on that. Make them do some odd jobs and pay them for the work instead of simply donating them. 

https://www.thespiritualscientist.com/2013/07/if-devotees-dont-help...

read under this an article what Srila Prabhupada said about charity to beggars.  (Scroll down)

• Ok mathaji..Thanks..

Hare Krsna..

• This reply was deleted.
    • but here prabhuji ...street beggars often curses us when they are refused to give money...can anyone and anybody curses?? at the same time i do not even earn money as i am a student..if we continue to give money because of the fear of curses,they will find a way to earn money..... but i often try to give money to the old people....

This reply was deleted.