Volunteer

Hare Krishna,

This is a general question so please try to answer in a observatory way.

When i listen to Bhajans written by Lords devotees i can't compare with whatever is sang by today's so called bhakti singers.

Keeping that aside a lot of very beautiful bhajans were sang by Jagjit Singh,Hari Om Sharan ji,Mridul Shastri Ji. But now we don't really find anything soothing,have time changed and everything became commercial ?

Even youtube have deleted lot of bhajans that were only available on Youtube.

A lot of content related to bhakti is no more available,many people(individuals) who preach about god are filing copyrights infringement against each other,claiming bhajans copyright.

Can a prayer to god be copyrighted ? Shouldn't they be available to everyone for free,irrespective of caste creed religion.

Do you think the real people who sang from bottom of their heart are no more present and even the Katha vachaks on Astha and Sanskaar are becoming a kind business man. In fact most of them are not in real sense entitled to speak about god, and as the time is progressing the sanctitity and respect for them is decreasing

Please provide your observations.

Your Servent

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

These are all the symptoms of kali, even religion is a business in this age. Therefore, people are charging for preaching. This is not encouraged in ISKCON at all. It is said that if someone is charging to speak on Srimad Bhagawatam, then one should never hear such a speaker. He is not speaking out of love of God, but out of love of money. Therefore he will dilute the teaching to cater to his audience, so that he gets more lectures in the future.

Earlier times, it was quite normal to see a bhajan in a movie. Recently, I believe no bhajans are part of any movies - maybe since past 10-15 years. It is a reflection of the times, people are moving away from God, want to only enjoy independent of God.

Even professional singers singing bhajan and devotee singing bhajan, there is a difference. You can make out when you hear.

Since we know this isthe influence of Kali and it will only get worse over the years, we should attempt to make use of this human form of life and get out of the material world in this birth itself.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Volunteer

It is declining. It will continue to decline until another pure devote like Prabhupada, will lead us all who have gone the wrong way.

I notice that even some Prabhupad disciples, and some temples are charging money, if you want to participate in chanting the Holy Names of Krishna. Case in point, $185 Sadhu Sangha Retreat in North Carolina USA, $50 New Vrindavan.

This is bogus and Prabhupada would have never approved selling the Names of Krishna. 

When you charge money, Names of Krishna, which is Krishna Himself, turn into mere material sound vibrations.

Even such material sound vibrations, which are a shadow of the real Names of Krishna, can help someone escape hell. But NEVER will give Krishna Prema, which is what we all seek here at ISKCON desire Tree.

Please dont fall for these money raising businesses (as if Krishna is broke and He needs your lousy 50 or 185 dollars)

Clearly it is Nama Aparadh (Equating chanting the Names of Krishna to pious activity, hence charging money for such activity) and hope you will perform prayaschitha, so you can advance in Krishna Consciousness.

Dhruva Maharaja, he went to the forest, underwent very severe austerity, and when Lord Visnu appeared before him — “Take benediction, whatever you like” — he said, svamin krtartho ‘smi varam na yace: “I have no more demand. I am fully satisfied.” So this is the teaching. If we want to be fully satisfied, without any demand for sense gratification, then we become happy, and that is available in full Krsna consciousness. That is… Caitanya Mahaprabhu says, na dhanam na janam na sundarim kavitam va jagadisa kamaye. We don’t want. People want money and many followers, nice wife, but Caitanya Mahaprabhu refuses.

na dhanam na janam na sundarim
    kavitam va jagadisa kamaye
    mama janmani janmanisvare
    bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki tvayi
    [Cc. Antya 20.29, Siksastaka 4]

“Let me remain Your servant janmani janmani.” Mukti means no more janma. So He doesn’t want even mukti. Bhukti-mukti-siddhi. For a devotee, either this life or next life, the business is the same, to serve Krsna. So this verse, nunam pramattah kurute vikarma… [SB 5.5.4]. People are mad after sense gratification in different ways, so Rsabhadeva says, “No, no, no, this is not good. You have already obtained a material body as a result of your past karma, and you are suffering.” Body means suffering. Janma-mrtyu-jara-vyadhi-duhkha-dosanudarsanam [Bg. 13.9]. “So you have already got this body, and you are suffering. You are again trying to get another body?” Na sadhu manye: “This is not good.”

This reply was deleted.