Replies

• thank u.....devotees.....for ur replies.....Hari bol!!!

• Thank you ,,,,,Dean prabhuji.....your answer cleared all of my confusion....thank u

Hari Bol!!!

• One can chant Mahamantra without Initation as well

• Hare Krsna Prabhu,

There are many types of mantras. We have Gayatri mantras, Bija mantras, Namatmaka mantras, Ishta mantras and so on. Of all these types of mantras the Namatmaka mantras are special because they are composed of the names of God. Namatamaka mantras do not wait for initiation to bestow the benefit on the chanter. There are no considerations of time, place, circumstance, cleanliness or any other factors.

The Hare Krsna Mahamantra is a Namatmaka mantra. In Hari nama Cintamani it is quoted that:

"Consideration of proper time or place, of impurity, of rules and regulations or of anything else have no bearing on chanting the Holy Name, for the Holy Name is very powerful" (Chapter 2 Verse 61)

And Sriman Mahaprabhu told us:

namnam akari bahudha nija sarva saktis
    tatrarpita niyamitah smarane na kalah
    etadrisi tava kripa bhagavan mamapi
    durdaivam idrisam ihajani nanuragah

Translation:

O Lord! You have given us many names of Yours to chant, investing them with all Your transcendental power, and there are no strict regulations as to when to chant or remember these names. Such is Your mercy, O Lord, but I am so unfortunate that I have no taste for this chanting. (Sri Shikshashtaka Verse 2)

The Holy Name is non-different from Sri Krsna. So of course the Holy Name can give everything including the highest prema. But the question is CAN WE RECEIVE what the Holy Name CAN GIVE?

All Your transcendental power” – why can we not taste the nectar of the Holy Name? Why are we not feeling pure love of the Divine Couple? Easy. Because we are not prepared yet. Our heart is the receptacle for this purest nectar. But our hearts are immersed in the taste of material sense enjoyment for millions of lifetimes. We can´t feel the happiness and the bliss which IS the Holy Name because we are jaundiced by our material desires and their fulfillment.

When we become humble and when we purify our heart, the rays of the sun of the Holy Name can shine into our hearts. This all can ONLY happen by the mercy of Sri Guru and the Vaishnavas, Krishna´s messengers of mercy.

Srila Rupa Goswami is our chief acarya.
    He wrote:

guru-padashrayas tasmat krsna-diksadi-siksanam
    vishrambhena guroh seva sadhu-vartmanuvartanam (Bhakti Rasamrta Sindhu 1.2.74)

(1) Submission to the lotus feet of the Guru (Spiritual Master); (2) Receiving diksha-mantras from him and instructions on bhakti; (3) serving the spiritual master with affection; (4) following in the path of saints.

The first 3 recommendations of our foremost acarya refer to Sri Gurudeva.
    Without the mercy of Sri Gurudeva, NOTHING is possible.

Krsna Himself tells us in the Gita:

tad viddhi pranipatena
    pariprasnena sevaya
    upadeksyanti te jnanam
    jnaninas tattva-darsinah (Bhagavad Gita 4.34)

Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized soul can impart knowledge unto you because he has seen the truth.

yasya prasadad bhagavat-prasado
    yasyaprasadan na gatih kuto ‘pi
    dhyayan stuvams tasya yashas trisandhyam
    vande guroh sri-charanaravindam (Sri Guruvashtaka verse 8)

“By the mercy of the spiritual master one receives the benediction of Krsna. Without the grace of the spiritual master, one cannot make any advancement. Therefore, I should always remember and praise the spiritual master. At least three times a day I should offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master.”

So the conclusion is that if somebody is on a very elevated platform and is capable of directly talking with the Holy Name then he may not need Diksha, but such devotees are extremely rare, and sometimes even they take Diksha to set an example for the common populace.

Therefore, in practical considerations in the current degraded state of Kali-Yuga for common people, without the mercy of Gurudeva and Diksha it is impossible for the Holy Name to fructify.

I hope this helps

HariBol!

This reply was deleted.