Hare Krishna All,PamhoAgtSP!Recently I came to know that Dasarath Maharaj promised Kaikeyi that he will make her son as the king of Ayodhya to please and marry Kaikeyi who is much younger than him, that is the reason he arrange for the coronation of lord Ram when Bharath is out of town. Is it true ?Your ServantAakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

I found a reliable source to address this question. Dasarath Maharaj had made a promise to father of Kaikeyi that son on Kaikeyi would be the king. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa0ynDgKsYY at 1:15:00 

Hare Krsna

YouTube
  • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Kindly provide the exact source of information or reference. How did u come to know that Dasarath Maharaj promised Kaikeyi like that ?

Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Here is the reference https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/unknown-in-ramayana-dasaratha-s-de...

YS

Akash

Unknown In Ramayana - Dasaratha’s desire for a son
      Unknown In Ramayana - Dasaratha’s desire for a son - Dasaratha could fight in ten directions simultaneously. Dasa means “ten” and ratha means “chario…
      • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

By reference I meant reference from vedic scripture. Like the name of scripture, section, verse. 

The reliability of the link given above cannot be known or established. Best to read from scripture. Or from translators who we know are following/ practicing the principles given in Bhagavad Gita & Srimad bhagavatam. 

Because unreliable sources create more confusion, most of the time deliberately. Their agenda is to create confusion, that is the present age of kali. Srila prabhupada books are best point to start.

In order to keep ourselves in right direction best is to avoid unreliable sources. 

So if the specifc reference from ramayana can be given the questions can be best addressed. 

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.