Detail information of Sanskrit

Hare Krsna (^_^)

Dandabats to all sainltly vaishnavas.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I'd like to know sanskrit langauge.

Please teach me in following questions:

1. Is Sanskrit is the language in the spiritual world and svalga lokas?

Someone says Patanjali is the original language. Is that true?

2. does Sanskrit letters eternally exit with sabda-brahman  ( as the sound vibration of Sanskrit)?

Some experts of Sanskrit say the letter of Sanskrit was made in the earth around 3000 BC.

3. How do the people in the spiritual world and svalga lokas call Sanskrit?

Do they call their language as same Sanskrit as we call on the earth?  

I need this details information of Sanskrit language to discuss with Mayavadi.

Hare Krsna!

ys,

KSD 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "Yes, Sanskrit is spoken not only on Krishna Loka but also in higher planets, of the demigods. It is called the language of God and the demigods. It was spoken also on this planet, when people were all godly, they used to speak in Sanskrit. Sanskrit is the origin of all languages of the civilized peoples. It is most perfect, not only descriptive; the word "Sanskrit'' means "the most perfect''. Because not a single word you can pronounce without having a bona fide principle. It is not like the English language, "but, put'' with irrational difference in pronunciation, no principles. Sanskrit isn't like that. Therefore it is perfect. It isn't whimsical. English poetry has one line one inch long, next line 600 inches long. Sanskrit is not like that. There are strict principles, and it is so beautiful. Therefore in Sanskrit language not an ordinary man can become a poet. No other language of the world can be compared with it. No other language of the world is so perfect as Sanskrit. Any language near to Sanskrit language (like Bengali) is nearer to perfection. Sanskrit is pronounced same way here or there, it is standard.

Yes you can sing prayers in Sanskrit, but prayers in English can be also pronounced because the Lord accepts the motive not the pronunciation of the language. He wants to see spiritual motive. Even if some effectiveness is lost in translation, if the motive is there, it will make no difference."

(Srila Prabhupada letter, February, 1968)

• Dear das anu das prabhu,

Dandabats.

Prabhu, I thank you very much for your help.

This statement of Srila Prabhupada is decisive.

Sanskirit language is eternal spiritual language speaking in Vainkunta,Goloka, and svalga- lokas.

I believe the letter of Sanskrit which we use is also eternal spiritual letter.

But I have to defeat the sanskrit teacher who claims the sanskrit letters were made by humans around 5000 years ago. He claimed :

"there were some ancient letters in India and the Sanskrit letters which are common now happened to be selected to use in majority. Therefore any letter could become sanskrit letter."

Prabhu, do you have any information or poof that sanskrit letters are using in Vainkunta,Goloka, and svalga- lokas?

I thank you always.

Hare Krsna(^_^)

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

I find this article informative.

https://www.ancient.eu/Sanskrit/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Brv2FaOluU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptDVaVlw9m4

https://1000petals.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/amazing-affinity-of-rus...

Though Sanskrit is the Language of God Deva- Vani  ......Lord is omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent. I think he can understand the language in which we devotee communicate. 

Bhagwan bhav dekhte hai...He sees only you love and devotion.  Silence is more related to devotion. Wise men say Lord understand what we don't communicate also. 

Silence is the language of God all else is a poor translation..--Rumi

Hare Krishna.

Sanskrit
    Sanskrit is regarded as the ancient language in Hinduism, where it was used as a means of communication and dialogue by the Hindu Celestial Gods, and…
    • Dear Gayatri prabhu,

Please accept my humble obeisances.

Thank you for your kindly replying to my insignificant questions.

Those information you gave helped me a lot. Thank you so much.

And I'd like to know more information of the siloka you gave "Bhagwan bhav dekhte hai...He sees only you love and devotion ". It's nice siloka I want to memorize, so could you tell me whole siloka and which scriptures it belong and verse number.

Thank you again.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

• hare krishna prabhu ji.,

I am happy to see that u have got some information regarding you question.

Btw, that was not slokha . It is a saying in Hindi and not  a Sanskrit Verse. I can infer from your reply that you are not from India. 

What I ment was...that God only sees ur dedicated, devoted, worship and service to Him and not grammar or language. 

A person who is dumb can worship lord without saying a word also.

Silence is truly a great language, I ment.

I see you have developed great interest in learning Sanskrit.  Its good to see you want to memorize a Sanskrit sloka or prayer.

try to memorize this little sloka which is a basic prayer to God.

त्वमेव माता  पिता त्वमेव 
        त्वमेव बन्धुश्च सखा त्वमेव 
        त्वमेव विद्या द्रविणम् त्वमेव 
        त्वमेव सर्वम् मम देव देव 
        Tvam-Eva Maataa Ca Pitaa Tvam-Eva |
        Tvam-Eva Bandhush-Ca Sakhaa Tvam-Eva |
        Tvam-Eva Viidyaa Dravinnam Tvam-Eva |
        Tvam-Eva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva ||

Meaning:
        1: You Truly are my Mother And You Truly are my Father .
        2: You Truly are my Relative And You Truly are my Friend.
        3: You Truly are my Knowledge and You Truly are my Wealth.
        4: You Truly are my AllMy God of Gods.

कायेन वाचा मनसेन्द्रियैर्वा
        बुद्ध्यात्मना वा प्रकृतेः स्वभावात् ।
        करोमि यद्यत्सकलं परस्मै
        गुरुवरायेति समर्पयामि ॥
        Kaayena Vaacaa Manase[a-I]ndriyairvaa
        Buddhy[i]-Aatmanaa Vaa Prakrteh Svabhaavaat |
        Karomi Yad-Yat-Sakalam Parasmai
        Guru-Varaayeti Samarpayaami ||

Meaning:
        1: (Whatever I do) with my BodySpeechMind or Sense Organs,
        2: (Whatever I do) using my IntellectFeelings of Heart or (unconsciously) through the natural tendencies of my Mind,
        3: Whatever I do, I do all for others (i.e. without the sense of attachment to the results),
        4: (And) I Surrender them all at the Lotus Feet of the Supreme Guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3qOzRQclsE

These slokas are basics of Sanatana Dharma. These are known to almost everyone in India.

Its great to learn  Sanskrit.  Sanskrit is mother of all languages.

But ya., Without knowing the meaning of these Slokas don't learn it is not useful in that way. As God sees ur prayer not the language or grammar ...Even if u cannot recite any of these slokas..It is absolutely fine to say ur prayer in your mother tongue.

Chanting Mahamantra is Enough actually in this age of Kali.. LORD IS so considerate to us in this age...In this age .....Neither we have a large life span to memorize the whole Vedas and Upanishads or Srimad Bhagwatam. Neither we have that much memory power as those people who belonged to the Sat Yug or Treta Yuga.

Only reciting HIS HOlY NAMES ARE ENOUGH..

You don't need to learn memorize so many slokas also. Just keep Chanting Mahamantra it is all potent and all in all.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.!!!

Hope I have been helpful

Hare Krishna.

YouTube
        • Dear Gayatri prabhu,

Dandabats.

Thank you for your sharering wonderful silokas.

Could you tell me the source? I'd like to know the  which scripture and verse number.

I'm keeping the nice silokas according to scripture and verse number.

And If you happen to know about Sanskrit letter  as I wrote above question:

"Previous advanced yugas, humans on this planet did not depend on any letters because of sharp memories.Then I wondered that the letters of Sanskrit may be in this kali-yuga only? Then I wanted to knows if denizens of Vaikunta planets don't need to use letters.But same time as everything exiting on this material world came from spiritual world, then we can conclude sanskrit has letters.

Hare Krsna (^_^)

Thank you.

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

I too don't know much about the origin of all the slokas as  I was taught as a child by my elders to memorize.

I for your sake I tried to google and found that..

Pandava Gita is just a collection of different shlokas sung by different people, sages, Devatas praising Vishnu. Most of the verses from it are not found in Mahabharata. That might not be the original source for this shloka. There should another source from the scriptures.

http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Pandava_Gita

there are many slokas sung by various stalwarts of Mahabharata given in pandava gita praising Lord Sri Krishna.

you can check this site. 

I have memorized them as a child its all passed on from one generation to another by word of mouth.

I donno much about the exact sources more then this I cannot provide information.

Thanks..

Jai Sri Krishna.

Pandava Gita - Hindupedia, the Hindu Encyclopedia
            • Hare Krishna

Check this site Prabhu ji .....  for all Vaishnava Slokas..

http://gurukul.iskcondesiretree.com/category/audio/sloka-recitations/

easy to learn and recite along.

Sloka Recitations | Hare Krishna Kids
              • Dear Gayatri prabhu,

Dandabats.

Thank you for your kindness.

The spiritual civilization in Bharatavarsha is indeed great treasure for all human kind.

I feel great pleasure to read these silokas.

Thank you again.

Hare Krsna (^_^)

• Hare krishna prabhuji dandavat pranaam 

first of all we must know what spiritual world actually means. it is not just far away, but whole creation is spiritual world. Read the purport to SB 4.23.29 here, prabhupad says there is actually no material world. if krishna is kept in the center, that place becomes spiritual world. so spiritual world has all languages. script for sanskrit language is called Devanagari, which means "of the cities of gods.", so sanskrit was probably the main language in heavenly planets earlier. 

i don't have much more information reg. this topic, please forgive me 

AGTSP

SB 4.23.29
    According to Vedic scriptures, a woman who dies with her husband, or enters into the fire in which her husband is burning, also enters the same plane…
This reply was deleted.