Depression,anxiety in my life.

Humble obessainces to all devotees,I am in a great trouble in my personal life,i recently got married two months back,and now i lost my job due to the stock market conditions here in.due to which i am in great anxiety kind of situation where am unable to concentrate on single thing for a single minute,i became too restless,and am planning to do art of living course by srisri ravi shankar to control my mind.i know now that my mind has become my enemy.please suggest something to control my mind.I visit chowpatty temple regurarly.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Hare Krishna, PAMHO !!

Srila PrabhuPad ki Jai !!

KRISHNA said this in BG (2.14)

matra-sparsas tu kaunteya
    sitosna-sukha-duhkha-dah
    agamapayino ‘nityas
    tams titiksasva bharata

“O son of Kunti, the nonpermanent appearance of heat and cold, happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.”

• Jai Shri Krishna..

Talk to your parents and family members who has already faced such challenges, they will give you proper advice.  Listen to the devotees they will give you perfect spiritual advice.  Taking sanyaas might look like a better way for escape but it's not as easy as that.   Those that took sanyaas had already faced such fears and have passed them and are on a higher mission in life.  Take advice from  Jagadatma Das,  he is a seasoned devotee who left everything for Krishna but after facing his challenges.  He would be qualified to help.  Remember good tames and bad times are like cycles in life, face them with Krishna.

HariBol!

2544629933?profile=original

• Volunteer

Dear Ravi,  Hare Krsna.  Getting married ,  family peasure and losing your job.  These things are not so bad so If you feel so much depressed then I would asume your nervous system is very run down.    A simple test is to push hard with your finger tip on your breast bone in the middle of your chest.  If you feel pain then your over stressed and your system is not coping   Many devotees and vegetarians have low vitamin B stored in their body.     Vitamin B difficiency will cause you to have high emotions and crying.   Always feeling tired but can't sleep well.   Lack of confidence and depression.   Confussion.     You take High potency B12 liquid, tablets or injection.    Plus multi vitamins and minerals.  these are often taken when we have suffered a shock and prolonged stress and they work quickly.  Vitamins are safe and have no ill effects.

I am unable to come there and personally see you.   There are so many grhasta devotees there in Mumbai you can go to for good association and freindship.   I'll come there after janmastami.

• Also Ravi Prabhuji, Do you think that 'Art of Living' (AOL) people can give you any possible permanent solution? They may give you some temporary solution to the present problems (I dont know what and am not intd. either) and may charge accordingly. But what guarantee you have that you will never face ay such problems again?

"What good can the atheist give to you? Go to the one who has Krsna and who live for Him only." Only they (the devotees) can save you and not the one who are simply interested in showy religionist or philanthropy (AOL).

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,I know AOL is not the permanent soluition,but am unable to see any other option to cool my depressing mind.
          • I feel that Jagadatma Prji's solution is very practical and you may try for it.

I even made a humble remark about it in my previous "comment" on the 1st page itself.

Prji, One final statement: "Become a part of the solution and not the problem."

Find the possible solutions, chalk out your plan and implement them. Don't overburden yourself with "I am in problem, I am in problem...". Find the solutions right away by taking valuable guidance with the senior experienced devotees. 

Hare Krishna

Your servant

• I feel Jagatma Prji's advice is the best practical solution for these "hard" times.

Feel free to discuss your disturbing issues with senior Grhastha devotees in your local area, be it Chowpatty or Juhu or Mira Road. And request them to give their Valuable suggestions. Be calm and relaxed. These are all some temporary things which will disappear within a short period.

When you will pass through it after some time, and look back- you will simply laugh and say "it was funny time prabhu". (Depending on your degree of advancement in Krsna consciousness).

Btw this is the best time of your life when your dependence on Lord is 'super high'. Feel blessed.

Wish you good luck. Pray regular to the Lord (not only during "sad" days).

Hari Bol

PAMHO

• Volunteer
    Hare Krsna Ravi.   Please be peaceful.    It is only a temporary set back and will soon pass.    Go to the temple and see Lord Krsna.    Stay for some time and tell Him your problem.    Bow down to Him.   Ask Him scincerely to help you.   Join in His worship.    Chant and dance for His pleasure.     Take His caranamrta on your head.    take large amounts of prasadam with the devotees.      It is best if you can do this everyday for 21 days.     Don.t worry,  give your problems to Krsna.
  • Volunteer

Hare Krsna,

His Divine Grace, A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, has given explanations for the causes of anxiety and how to get relief in several books, especially the Srimad Bhagavatam.

From Srimad Bhagavatam:

"This material world is fearfulness. Its prisoners are always fearful as within a prison house. In the prison house no one can violate the jail rules and regulations, and violating the rules means another term for extension of prison life. Similarly, we in this material existence are always fearful. This fearfulness is called anxiety.
    Everyone in the material life, in all species and varieties of life, is full of anxieties, either by breaking or without breaking the laws of nature. Liberation, or mukti, means getting relief from these constant anxieties. This is possible only when the anxiety is changed to the devotional service of the Lord. Srimad-Bhagavatam gives us the chance to
    change the quality of anxiety from matter to spirit." 

"In the Bhagavad-gita Lord Sri Krsna is depicted as the Absolute Personality of Godhead, and His last teachings in that great book of transcendental knowledge instruct that one should give up all the modes of religious activities and accept Him (Lord Sri Krsna) as the only worshipable Lord. The Lord then assured that all His devotees would be protected from all sorts of sinful acts and that for them there would be no cause for anxiety".

'Similarly, this material world is dark by nature. Everyone is afraid of danger at every moment, but when one sees a devotee like Narada, all fear is relieved. Just as the sun disperses darkness, the appearance of a great sage like Narada disperses ignorance. When one meets Narada or his representative, a spiritual master, one is freed from all anxiety brought about by ignorance."

"Disturbances similar to those created by Hiranyakasipu are now taking place all over the world because of demoniac
    governments. As stated in the Twelfth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the men of the governments of Kali-yuga will be no better than rogues and plunderers. Thus the populace will be harassed on one side by scarcity of
    food and on another by heavy taxation by the government."

"Since everything is dependent on the supreme will of the Personality of Godhead, one should be equipoised in fame and defamation, victory and defeat, life and death. In their effects, represented as happiness and
    distress, one should maintain oneself in equilibrium, without anxiety."

"For those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form, I carry to them what they lack and preserve what they have." The devotees have no anxiety over what will happen next, where they will stay or what they
    will eat, for everything is maintained and supplied by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who has promised, kaunteya pratijanihi na me bhaktah pranasyati: "O son of Kunti, declare it boldly that My devotee never perishes." (Bg. 9.31) From all angles of vision, therefore, in all circumstances, if one fully surrenders unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there is no question of one's struggling for existence."

Hari Bol,

This reply was deleted.