demigod worship

It is said in the book 'KRISHNA' that by worshipping the other gods like 'SHIVA' OR 'BRAMHA' one cannot become completely 'KRISHNA CONSCIOUS'.But it is very clearly stated in the 'SRIMAD BHAGAVATAM' that 'SHIVA' or 'BRAMHA' all are incarnations of Lord Vishnu or Krishna. Then by not worshipping them aren't we indirectly disrespecting Lord Krishna?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hare krishna...

yup u r rite it is said that krishna is every where...and he is everything...so wat ever puja we do to the other gods it again reaches to lord krishna as he is the supreme personality of god head..that is the reason after every puja all say t last"SARVAM SRE KRISHNA ARPANAMASTU"....whom ever uworship,whom ever u serve or help, feed....etc., it reaches krishna at last.....as krishna is upon all the desires ....he gives u the salvation.....

who said not worship the other gods... we should worship.... once hanuman said to the devotees that ask me anything im ready to give but ....for mukti.. if u want mukti..its only sri ramchandra who can give.. he said..so every one is important in our lives.... if krishna is our soul then the other gods r our body organs.... souls just resides in u to makes u live to complete the purpose of ur birth and body organs works  for for u for the completion of purpose.... 

sri ganapathi or ganesha wat we all call..he is the adi pujya..as his name itself says, that he os the first personality to worship...that is why he is called GANA-PATHI which means gana means the army/the battalion/the group, pathi means head of the group... so it is compulsory,,we pray him... 

lord shiva he is the laya karaka..means he  will take soul back from the body...he is the god of victory..the letters of the spell wat we spell are first brought outside from the damruk in shiva's hand when he did shiv thandavam...so we should that him daily because wat we spell the words are gifted by him(and this the fact...)he and his consort.sri parvathi devi..conversated so much that it led to so many vedic hyms....he drank the poision to save all of us....so we should show our grattiudes to him daily....

saraswathi devi...mother of education,kumar swami/murgan/subramanya/shanmugam he is the protector from evil,durga devi the women shakti.. the mother of all pious and  destroyer of the evil...lakshmi mother of health ,wealth etc., lakshmi means not only money ,lakshmi means the fullfillness , she is health ,wealth, education,knowledge,crop,santan(children),bravery,victory,peace,pious,mukti..atlast if ur have a peacefull death then its moksha lakshmi...so lakshmi means a combo pack of all good things...

there are three million gods for fullfilling our endless  purposes ,but upon all this there is a supreme that is krishna....

worship  god ,for giving such a beautiful life,worship him for peace and prosparity... not for  our material desires... because he know wat to give and wen to give.....see...we should accept everything in life... and life style..then only progress will be there

this is my opinion.. only hare krishna

• Excellent Discussion (y)

• IF WE GIVE RESPECT TO DEMIGODS...THEN IT MEANS WE REPECT DEVOTEES OF LORD KRISHNA....WHICH MAKE LORD HAPPY.....LORD SHIVA EVEN GIVE THE WAY TO WORSHIP LORD KRISHNA TO THOSE WHO EVEN WORSHIP LORD SHIVA BUT WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS...SO OTHER ALSO ...

WHEN WE RESPECT THE DEVOTEE OF LORD KRISHNA ..THEN BOTH LORD AND DEVOTEE FEEL HAAPINESS...

• hari bol!!

it is not like this since we are worshipping the supreme lord shri hari / shri krishna which means we are worshiping all the dev-devataas in the universe.

hope you got the point

Hare Krishna
  • I will.hare krishana.
  • I am sorry.
    •  Don't be sorry. Oneness is a fact!

manasā vacasā dṛṣṭyā

gṛhyate 'nyair apīndriyaiḥ

aham eva na matto 'nyad

iti budhyadhvam añjasā

Within this world, whatever is perceived by the mind, speech, eyes or other senses is Me alone and nothing besides Me. All of you please understand this by a straightforward analysis of the facts.

• Volunteer

Oneness means seeing God in everything and everywhere, not that everything is God. Just like God resides in Dog , but that doesn't mean a DOG is GOD.

Hope you understood.

Your aspiring Servant

Hari BOl

• Volunteer

Don't be sorry, but learn things AS it is by approaching a Pure Acharya, You will progress. The things we hear from someone should not be taken as true in the first hand, we should always do peer review, that is Bonafide guru-sadhu-sashtra , then we can give correct information to the people and help ourself also.

your aspiring servant

Hari Bol

This reply was deleted.