Demigod's blessing or alloted Karma?

Hare Krishna, Jai Nitai Gauranga,

Dear assembled Devotees,

Kindly accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Lord Sri Krishna and to Srila Prabhupada!

I have the following question:

It is said that the good things that people in general get, ( wealth,position, cars,big house material benefits ect..)  in this life is determined by their past good Karma Punja.

if so how can the worshipers of Demigods get such material blessings?

Would they have gotten them even without having worshiped the Demigods?
Or does demigod worship give additional things beside the persons allotted karma?

Is it really the demigod's extra blessing, or the fruit of their karma given to them with the Demigod worship as via-medium?

I ask this because we see particularly in the western world, some people get material wealth and popularity in gigantic proportions (Singers,football players, actors ect..) without  worshiping any Demigods.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

In my personnel experience (by relating to horoscope) demigods maximize material gains and minimize material losses. That is if our bad karma is such that, say, we are suppose to meet an accident then demigod worship protects us from the accident either by minimizing the accident or by protecting completely from it. But direct worship of Lord Krishna is recommended because once the root is watered branches get nourished.

Haribol,
    S.Balaji.
    • Hare Krishna, Thank you all for your answrers

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

That is the entire point - we will get material happiness and possessions based on our past life karma, regardless of demigod worship. It is possible that we will get something more by worshipping a demigod or that a demigod can give us some benediction if we pray to them. But whether that is our past life karma or special benediction of demigod alone, I am not so sure. What I do know is that one can get material riches and possessions with out praying to any demigod, but one cannot get bhakti or devotion without the mercy of the Supreme Lord or His devotee.

Actually, when we realise that we will get whatever happiness or distress we are destined to get, and can get the hankering and lamenting to stop, we have achieved our purpose.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.