Replies

• Jai Shri Krishna..

In the Bhagawad Gita, Krishna has stated to abandon all types of religion.  He wants us to be Vaishnavas, a Vaishnava's business is to worship Krishna.  All demigods are Krishna's Energies,  They worship Krishna so why worship them when you can directly worship Krishna as he has stated in the Bhagawad Gita.

http://www.asitis.com/18/66.html

Chapter 18. Conclusion--The Perfection of Renunciation

TEXT 66

sarva-dharman parityajya
    mam ekam saranam vraja
    aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
    moksayisyami ma sucah

TRANSLATION

bump.gifAbandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

2534295838?profile=original

• Hk mataji.  References from Bhagavat Gita As It Is: 

Krishna mentions in BG Vs 20  that unintelligent people worship demigods for material desires.  This ties with 9.23 where Krishna says that people who w/ship d/gods actually w/ship Him but do so in the wrong way.

Vs 23  Less intelligent worship d/gods and their fruits are limited and temporary.  Such people go to demigods but Krishna's devotees go to Him.  The idea is to fix mind on Krishna so that at end of life one goes back to Him (BG 4.9).

Vs 25  “those who worship Demigods go to Demigods, those who worship ancestors go to ancestors…. But those who worship Me come to Me.”  Read in conjunction with 7.20, 7.21 & 7.23, 7.29 & 7.30.

Vs 29  Again, “Intelligent people endeavouring for liberation from fourfold miseries take refuge in Me.”

It is fine if we respect/ worship Demigods for progress towards attaining Krishna, that is a different matter, but we should not accept them as Supreme or on the same level as Krishna.  Krishna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and should be our goal in life. 

Hope this helps. 

• hare krshna thanks to all prabhu's ana mataji's to gave me wonderfull and appropriate answers....its very helpfull.haribol now i kind of understood
  • It is a question of Ishtadevata, which means in hindu religion, one is free to worship any god as per one's choice. The final goal is self-realisation through all or any of these means.

In ISKCON, Krishna is the Ishtadevata and it is futile to ask your question to the Krishna Bhaktas.

hare Krishna.

• Jai Shri Krishna..

ISKCON IS KRISHNA RELIGION..

Bhagavad-gita

Chapter 18. Conclusion--The Perfection of Renunciation

TEXT 66

sarva-dharman parityajya
      mam ekam saranam vraja
      aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
      moksayisyami ma sucah

TRANSLATION

bump.gifAbandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

http://www.asitis.com/18/66.html

2543685406?profile=original2543685384?profile=original

• Volunteer

I ardently agree with Dr. Mattaparthi Venkata Satish K Prabhu.

Yes you can worship Hanuman, only to ask for Bhakti towards Lord Rama.

Same way worshiping Sada Shiva, only for devotion to Lord Narayan.

In fact we do worship Brahma as Haridas Thakure and Sada Shiv as Advaitacharya. So worshiping demigods in not incorrect as long as it is in the context of bhakti, devotion to the supreme personality of Godhead Sri Krishna.

Haribol

• Hare krsna Mataji,

Demigods are the attendants of Supreme personality of Godhead Lord Krsna.  They are meant to perform the work at Lord Krsna's instructions. You can worship them (as they are the devotees of Lord Krsna).  But remember that you should worship (please) them only to increase your bhakti (devotion) towards Lord Krsna....and not for any other material desires....

• Hare Krishna mataji,

The answer for your question is that if you water roots the entire tree is fetched with water . Its not that you need to fetch water to the branches seperately or flowers seperately.In the same way if krishna who is the main benefitter of all yajnas, devotion and offerings  is satisfied then there is no need of the same for any demigod because they will themselves be satisfied.

Lordess durga is called as sacchidananda vigraha i.e a part of eternally blissful krishna

In case of Lord hanuman it is said that if one is his devotee then it becomes easy for one to surrender unto Krishna(alias Lord Rama)easily and attain the goal of life.

So, when ultimate goal is to surrender unto krishna and live a life of his devotion then there is no point in workshipping demigods.

Its same as offering a solar lamp your gratitude for giving light, despite owing the same gratitude for sun.

Hope it was of some help.

YS Shekhar

• kindly search topic in search option u'll find many related answers.

logically speaking when u have close relation with owner of company , the department managers (demigods) never interfere in your matters and u also don't need to approach them like son approach father directly even though there are many people standing there. 

• hk pb...thanx for your reply i dont understand much but the point is very usefull haribol....
This reply was deleted.