Consciousness

Hare krsna to all vaishnavas and vaishnavavis.I offer my respectful obesiances into all of u, pls kindly accept it.We all know what krsna has said in bhagavad gita:- "The consciousness created at the time of death will carry one to his next body"So, I know that this life is the preparation for next life, I know that whatever activities we do in this life that prepares the body for our next life.So my question is I wanted to know the position of that person who has wasted his entire life in playing outdoor, indoor, mobile,computer, video etc. gamesLet us assume that a person has never engaged in the four kinds of sinful activities I.e. gambling, meat eating, illicit sex and intoxication but that person wasted his entire life in sense gratification by a different means as stated above by playing sports and various games.He never did any devotion to krsna.Whatever he earned through his prescribed duty, he all spent on his SATISFACTION for playing sports, various games etc.1) so, where will such a person go after death?2) which body will he get in his next birth?3)will he go to Hell?4)what type of reactions will he get of his activities?Pls kindly answer my questions, I m really very ANXIOUS and EAGER to know.Begging for MercyUr in significant servantCharan

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

1) so, where will such a person go after death?
    2) which body will he get in his next birth?

It entirely depends on the consciousness at death. 

3)will he go to Hell?

If a person does not commit any sinful activities throughout life, then the person will not go to hell.

But it is almost impossible to not commit sinful activities in current day and age for a non devotee. Material body means material desires. Material desire means material nature will control all activities of the person. Material nature is Krsna's divine energy designed to force/facilitate a person to act upon their material desires. When a person starts acting on their material desire, the line of sin and not sin blurs away very quickly.

4)what type of reactions will he get of his activities?

The person will get both good and bad results of past life karma in next life. 

Hare Krsna

• Thank you so much prabhuji
    • Sevak

Hare Krsna 

I came across this statement by HDG Srila Prabhupada in purport of SB

the living being in the human form of body is systematically controlled by the Vedic injunctions in terms of the divisions of varṇa and āśrama. A human being is expected to follow the rules and regulations of varṇa and āśrama; otherwise he cannot escape punishment by Yamarāja.( Purport SB 6.3.13)

So in connection to the question about a person not being devotee and not following varnasrama, is still to be punished by yamaraja for not following duties as per vedic injunctions. 

Hare Krsna

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna PRabhuji,

PAMHO.

Playing sports is in the  mode of passion. Just because someone is into sports doesn't make him a abad person. You mentioned that he follows 4 regulative principles (as a way of life, without realising). So there is some pious credit to this person.

When such a person leaves his body, the kind of body he will get next depends on his thought at the time of death. Who can say that?

Therefore, understand the principle and learn the importance of being Krsna Conscious the whole day.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna.,

To say in there are 3 types of karma .

- Karma done to please onself.

-Karma done to please others like mortals..

-Karma done to please the divine.

Of the three types of Karma, Karma done to please oneself is considered lowest. Be it self pleasure or be it gaming.

Any karma which you do which is of no use to the society is considered a waste ...the person is considered a junkie useless to the society.  He lives for himself and not for other. A selfish guy he is. He is just wasting time , he is basically sluggish without any motivation in life just living for himself for his own pleasure is no good then an animal. Even in material world people consider him worthless person.

Such a person is dwelling in mode of passion and ignorance both. Passion because he is working for his senses to gratify them. Mode of ignorance becoz he cannot see the main purpose of this life itself.

He is just wasting his birth. 

An animal also lives without knowing its purpose of living....hunts enjoys eats whatever it gets. 

Though this person is not harming anyone in his life... he has not done any endeavor to know LORD also.. So. .. he may get next birth as a great sportsman to satisfy his passion to the full extent. He will become a sports superstar. Get name fame in that until he realizes that this all is of no use.. I have to know the real truth. 

This soul will ultimately search Lord when times comes .

Usually a soul forgets its relationship with Lord only when they do Some serious offense. When the time period of suffering is gone he might get in contact with a pure devotee who will guide him towards Lord.

Hare Krishna.

• This reply was deleted.
This reply was deleted.