Chanting during certain activities

Hare Krishna!

I've been having this doubt since a long time. Is it sinful to chant Lord's name in your mind during certain activities like while bathing, using the washroom, lying on bed, early morning before taking a bath etc. ? Please help.

Haribol,

Chandra Bhushan

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes , the reply of gaurabh subedi jis answer is very beautiful...its correct....

his holy names can be chanted anywhere. and anytime....

• There is a bible scripture that says "I will bless the Lord at all times, and his praises shall continually be in my mouth." So chanting the Lords name in your mind, or out loud, is OK, I believe the Lord loves it at any time or place were our thoughts and words are toward him.  He delights in the praises of his people.  It gives the Lord pleasure when we say the holy names.  No matter what culture, or name for him we use.  Hari Krishna.

Hari Bol

Catie

• Hare Krishna!

Yes..what you're saying is totally correct - The Supreme Lord loves us and he loves us if we chant his divine name - it's shouldn't matter where, when and how we chant his name. He is just hungry for love and he loves us unconditionally all the times. 

How stupid I had been to have a doubt as to if I should chant his name but thanks for clearing my doubt. 

Haribol,

Your Servant,

Chandra Bhushan

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

In all the places you mentioned, you can chant the holy names loudly, no need to even say in mind. No issues.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare Krishna!

Yes..Krishna's name has immense power and one should never hesitate to chant his name in any situation. My friend just made me realize the immense power Krishna's name has - 'any material or impure thing that comes in contact with Krishna or his name then that is converted into divine.' Such is the power of Lord's name. So why think twice to chant his name? 

Hariom,

Your Servant,

Chandra Bhushan

• Hare Krishna

You should not hesitate to chant Lord's name wherever you are. You may think that places like bathroom, washroom are impure places. But you should not underestimate Lord's name. Chaitinna Mahaprabu has said that Krishna's name is equal to Krishna and his qualities. That means his name is of supreme purity and piousness. And wherever you chant Krishna's name the purity and power of that chanting eliminates the impurity of that place and converts that same place into a pure and holy place. Chaitanya mahaprabhu has said that you should not hesitate chanting Lord's name even when you go to toilet. That does not commit any sin. When you are lying on bed, then also you can chant lord's name, Chanting name brings supreme consciousness of Krishna in your mind and gives you divine happiness in the love and deoviton of Krishna. So, you should chant Krishna's name everytime whereever you go whatever you are doing.

Understand that whenever any material or impure thing comes in contact with Krishna or his name then that is converted into divine.

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krishna,

Thank you so much for clearing my doubt. I also had the same feeling about chanting Shree Krishna's pious name but just wanted to clear the doubt. Now I can chant Krishna's name without any hesitation any place anytime. 

Thanks again :-)

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare..Hare Ram, Hare Rama, Ram Ram, Hare Hare!

Your Servant, 

Chandra Bhushan 

This reply was deleted.