Chanting but no love and devotion.

Does  that kind of chanting do any good? I am chanting 16 rounds a day now but I don't want to. However, I don't want to give it up either. But I get angry and resentful because I can't go to the Temple activities anymore   because if I do then I won't get my 16 rounds done in time every day.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna P ji

PCMHO!!!

It's really nice to have the message of shrila Prabhupada !!

• Volunteer

Dear Pandora Hinson Mataji,

Prayag Prabhu is correct better to chant 16 rounds first and priority to other things.

Love and devotion comes by the mercy of the Lord. We can not get that ourselves or demand.

Lord Chaitanya says about the currency to buy that love and devotion. And that currency is:

trinda api sunichena taror api sahishnuna amanina manadena kirtaniya sada harih

Humility

Tolerance

Respect to others

and not to hanker for respect to ourselves.

When we chant and do not feel taste and love we have to be TOLERANT and continue chanting as a duty.  

We have to cry, pray, try hard to hear the words of Maha Mantra.

And some day the Holy Name will respond. It is because we commit offenses while chanting. Because of that we do not feel taste.

Offenses like inattentiveness. And in order us to be attentive Krishna takes away the taste and wants to say to us that we have to be serious with our chanting.

So it is also His mercy.

i also do not have opportunity to go to the Temple programs daily because i have to complete my rounds on time.  

But i pray Krishna will arrange my life in such a way so that i always be in the association of Devotees.

Your servant, 

• Mata ji

Dandwat pr

you replied in such a simplified and loving way!!

thank u!!

ur servant

• Thanks to all for your comments and encouragement. I will continue to chant 16 rounds a day no matter what.  Your servant, Pandora

• Volunteer

Thank You Prayag Prabhu for the message from Srila Prabhupada!

Your servant,

This reply was deleted.