Chanting

Will it be ok to chant Shriram jay ram jay jay ram instead of Hare Krishna mantra. Does it make any difference? As a Shriram devotee I m more inclined toward him. Although I know Krishna and ram are the same but do different mantra of supreme personality of god head make any difference?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• श्रीकृष्ण उवाच~युधिष्ठिर के प्रति

मंत्रा नानाविधाः सन्ति शतशो राघवस्य च। 

तेभ्यस्त्वेकं वदाम्यद्य तव मंत्रं युधिष्ठिर।। 

श्रीशब्धमाद्य जयशब्दमध्यंजयद्वेयेनापि पुनःप्रयुक्तम्। 

अनेनैव च मन्त्रेण जपः कार्यः सुमेधसा।

( श्रीमद् वाल्मीकियानंद रामायण, 9~7.44,45a,46a)

हे युधिष्ठिर! वैसे तो श्रीराघाव के अनेक मन्त्र हैं, किन्तु उनमें से एक उत्तम मन्त्र मैं तुमको बतलाता हूँ । पूर्वमें श्रीराम शब्द, मध्यमें जय शब्द और अन्तमें दो जय शब्दोंसे मिला हुआ (श्रीराम जय राम जय जय राम) राममन्त्र। बुद्धिमान जनों को सिर्फ इसी मंत्र का जाप करना चाहिए।

• If you are inclined to the holy name "Ram," then by all means, chant it with devotion. There have been many devotees who have become purified by worshipping the supreme Lord in His form of Rama, have there not?

But the maha mantra contains the name Rama, so why not chant the maha mantra as well?
    • श्रीकृष्ण उवाच~युधिष्ठिर के प्रति

मंत्रा नानाविधाः सन्ति शतशो राघवस्य च। 

तेभ्यस्त्वेकं वदाम्यद्य तव मंत्रं युधिष्ठिर।। 

श्रीशब्धमाद्य जयशब्दमध्यंजयद्वेयेनापि पुनःप्रयुक्तम्। 

अनेनैव च मन्त्रेण जपः कार्यः सुमेधसा।

( श्रीमद् वाल्मीकियानंद रामायण, 9~7.44,45a,46a)

हे युधिष्ठिर! वैसे तो श्रीराघाव के अनेक मन्त्र हैं, किन्तु उनमें से एक उत्तम मन्त्र मैं तुमको बतलाता हूँ । पूर्वमें श्रीराम शब्द, मध्यमें जय शब्द और अन्तमें दो जय शब्दोंसे मिला हुआ (श्रीराम जय राम जय जय राम) राममन्त्र। बुद्धिमान जनों को सिर्फ इसी मंत्र का जाप करना चाहिए।

• Dear jake jab rose,
      I will definitely chant Hare Krishna mantra as I don't consider any difference in any mantra of supereme personality of god head and also in Vedas it clearly mentioned that comparing any form of supereme lord is considered to be the greatest sin. I love Krishna and I love Ram. It is just that I was chanting ram mantra for a long time so my tongue automatically moves for this mantra. By the course of time I had discovered one method to chant in which my tongue only moves and my lips don't move when I chant. A person next to me can't guess out what I m doing. I do find great pleasure in chanting but more than chanting I find more joy in reading the Leelas of supereme personality of god head. Reading and listening about lord is the ultimate joy peace and happiness one can ever have.

Thanks
      Hare Krishna
  • Hi friend the difference is that all mantras are included in Hare Krishna mahamantra. this means when you chant HKM you are not only chanting SHRI RAM JAI RAM JAI JAI RAM but all other mantras relating other demigods too. Any ways since you prefer Lord RAM you can go ahead with that. glorifying names of the Lord and his incarnations will never go waste. the lord will fulfill all your desires. Ram naam is so powerful that Valmiki gained perfection by chanting mara instead of Ram!!

• If you think there is no difference, then  chant both.

This reply was deleted.