Hare Krishna Prabhu/Mataji ,

Can some one guide me whether I can make a Krishna Temple in a Plot of Land in West Bengal .

The Land is located in Hooghly District, Chapadanga , 10 kilometers from Tarakeshwar Railway station .

Can some one guide or have any contact person who can take contract to complete the work .

Please reply mallya.ravindra@Hotmail.com

Haribol

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna!

Here is what I think.

What a wonderful idea! It seems that you are really close to Sri Mayapur and there would be a lot of visitors if you were to build a temple. Many people may have a hard time traveling to the big temple in Mayapur itself - so it may be nice to have a place of worship that is close within community. These places of worship bring devotees closer together and are vital for growth and finding new devotees! However I am not aware of how many temples there are in the surroundings and how many devotees already live within your community.

Please let us know on your decision! If you require any assistance in finding qualified contractors please let me know and I will do my best to qualify some of the possible contractors. I have worked on many construction projects and understand the trade well enough to be able to provide some advice (given that I would first have to do some research to become familiar on the geographical conditions of your land and construction practices). Also, since you are TOVP supporter- perhaps you can inquire within TOVP project team to find out more information on contractors?

Good luck! I hope you find your answer. 

Haribol!

your servant,

-Ilya

• Sevak

Hare Krishna, Ravi ji,

I was about to answer your query when I came across Srila Prabhupada's quote for today 7th August.

Attaching it for your reference. Now you may decide how to make more & more devotees with resources & time available with you. You can erect a simple structure in which there is less cost of maintenance & more people can be preached.
    in olden days rich families used to construct temples but they used to keep paid pujaris to maintain as well, which is not at all recommended.2541319248?profile=original

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna,
    My obeisances to all devotees, guru and gauranga.

Srila Prabhupad has answered your question in the below image.

2541325373?profile=original

Hare krsna

• Volunteer

SB 7.15.21

paṇḍitā bahavo rājan
     bahu-jñāḥ saṁśaya-cchidaḥ
    sadasas patayo ’py eke
     asantoṣāt patanty adhaḥ
    <br>
    Translation: 
    O King Yudhiṣṭhira, many persons with varied experience, many legal advisers, many learned scholars and many persons eligible to become presidents of learned assemblies fall down into hellish life because of not being satisfied with their positions.
    <br>
    Purport: By A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

For spiritual advancement, one should be materially satisfied, for if one is not materially satisfied, his greed for material development will result in the frustration of his spiritual advancement. There are two things that nullify all good qualities. One is poverty. Daridra-doṣo guṇa-rāśi-nāśī. If one is poverty-stricken, all his good qualities become null and void. Similarly, if one becomes too greedy, his good qualifications are lost. Therefore the adjustment is that one should not be poverty-stricken, but one must try to be fully satisfied with the bare necessities of life and not be greedy. For a devotee to be satisfied with the bare necessities is therefore the best advice for spiritual advancement. Learned authorities in devotional life consequently advise that one not endeavor to increase the number of temples and maṭhas. Such activities can be undertaken only by devotees experienced in propagating the Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement. All the ācāryas in South India, especially Śrī Rāmānujācārya, constructed many big temples, and in North India all the Gosvāmīs of Vṛndāvana constructed large temples. Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura also constructed large centers, known as Gauḍīya Maṭhas. Therefore temple construction is not bad, provided proper care is taken for the propagation of Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Even if such endeavors are considered greedy, the greed is to satisfy Kṛṣṇa, and therefore these are spiritual activities.

• HAre Krishna ,

Thank you prabhu , Is it possible for alternate  use like Guest House or a HAll . 

Please guide me 

Ravi 9619077093

• Hare Krishna,

Wht about making it a recitation and free prasadam center. Where devotees will chant and recite and will eat mahaprasad.

ys

• Volunteer

Prabhu forcus on your devotional service. 

Follow the footsteps of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Simply by going out and performing Nagar Sankirtana, you can liberate millions of souls in your lifetime. Much more effective than building a temple.

Any person building a temple, takes birth as a king in the next life. This is according to Bhagavatam. King in modern day can be a very rich person? I dont know.

Once you get into building the temple, your time will get sucked out and will not have any time for chanting the Holy Names of Krishna. Leave temple building to organizations like ISKCON. If you are looking for recognition that YOU did it, then, let ISKCON know, and they will make sure you will get enough recognition. Only bad thing about getting recognition is that, when you get the credit, its like you are getting credit for something that belongs to the Lord to begin with. 

Of course, if you want to come back as a rich person, then sure go ahead.

By the way, if you have big plans, I dont want to discourage  you. 

Become a pure devotee first, just like Prabhupad.

It is commendable that you want to use your land in Krishna's service. Everything belongs to Krishna Isopanishad, 1st verse, Isavasyamidam sarvam....

We think that it is ours and use it in satisfying our bodily senses. You seem wise. So, dont get stuck in Maya. Building a temple can suck any time left and take away your chanting. Much worse, you may start thinking that building a temple is more important than chanting the Names of Krishna.

All the wealth in this Universe, will not equal chanting of Krishna's Names even once.

• if you make it please organise daily kirtan in the temple and keep shrimad bhagwatam there then your temple will be forever and krishna will live there

This reply was deleted.