Hare Krishna,

I wanted to ask  how strong our thoughts are. Is it possible for evil thoughts about somebody to actually turn into reality ? For eg, If we think enough of killing someone just in our thoughts (minds), is it possible for it to actually happen ? 

Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• E-Counselor

Chanting is so powerful that it will purify our desires and grant us that which is helpful for our devotion. 

• Reality is a complacated thing, as it is ever-changing/transcending.
    One might become relentlessly disposed to SuperImposing one's will upon another or others, however, if it is understood or / revealed that one's intentions are disruptive or distrutive in their intintions ? What supports will one aquire? But yes* the "Mah-ha-Barretta sites several insadence that by crafty sacrafice (s) offerrd to *obligate & oblige the truly-impowered dimigods, when they can be inspired to offer a binnadiction, they can be granted for the detriment of others! Thorough a one-pointed Yoga practice/attentively -& relentlessly serving an impowered dimigod! Karmicly however, their could be retaliation or other reactions such as indebtedness! Yes even the most saintly can be accosted by the worst of the worst intintions of the Dominic. It's true!
  • E-Counselor

No harm will come to anyone who turns you away from negativity and makes you positive.

• 1 reason is they don't have physical body & they want to fulfil some bodily desire (eg. eating etc..) so they try to possess someone else's body ... i suggest u read ebook :  

Spiritual Warrior I: Uncovering Spiritual Truths in Psychic Phenomena by bhakti tirtha swami for detailed info on these subjects, available on amazon

https://www.amazon.in/Spiritual-Warrior-Uncovering-Psychic-Phenomen...

Spiritual Warrior I: Uncovering Spiritual Truths in Psychic Phenomena eBook: Bhakti Tirtha Swami, R…
    Spiritual Warrior I: Uncovering Spiritual Truths in Psychic Phenomena eBook: Bhakti Tirtha Swami, Richard L. Thompson: Amazon.in: Kindle Store
    • Plz donot spread these kinda things. People then goto babas who nicely loot these people or tell them to do narbali (human sacrifice) and these ppl don't even hesitate to kill their own family members and this evening well educated ppl have done. They're several casespecially

Spirits only have their planets as per bg or they are associates of lord shiva that' it.

•  Is it possible for our negative thoughts to make somebody random act on our behalf ?

there are ghosts and demonic spirits, but they attack only people who are highly depressed & can possess them also, but they can't attack normal enthusiastic people or chanters of holy names (ref. Bhakti Tirtha Swami Spiritual warrior I ) 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Whatever RR Mataji said is correct. In kali yuga sinful desires do not produce karmea or adverse reaction. 

But if desire is not eliminated it will eventually come up for fulfillment in conscious mind, either in this life or in next. If it comes in future birth then depending on which yuga the individual has taken birth the reaction will be given. 

But it is prudent to remember that every sin ever committed was once a desire in the mind. 

Hare Krsna

• I would love to see where sp has said that we are not sinned by sinful thoughts

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

Mahārāja Parīkṣit was a realist, like the bees who only accept the essence [of a flower]. He knew perfectly well that in this Age of Kali, auspicious things produce good effects immediately, whereas inauspicious acts must be actually performed [to render effects]. So he was never envious of the personality of Kali.(SB 1.18.7)

The Age of Kali is called the fallen age. In this fallen age, because the living beings are in an awkward position, the Supreme Lord has given some special facilities to them. So by the will of the Lord, a living being does not become a victim of a sinful act until the act is actually performed. In other ages, simply by thinking of performing a sinful act, one used to become a victim of the act. On the contrary, a living being in this age is awarded with the results of pious acts simply by thinking of them.(Purport SB 1.18.7)

Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.