Replies

• Hare Krishna prabhu,

All Glories to Srilla Prabhupada,

A Grihastha who follows 4 regulative principles and begets only Krishna conscious children and then give up sex life is also considered a Brahmchari.

• As the form of the woman is the greatest  illusion for a man, similar to that, woman foolishly looks upon maya in the form of a man.

Teachers who have seen the Truth knows that even liberated rishis and saints who perfectly control their mind, life air and senses, are always in aware of  falling  in illusion again just by lift of eyebrows of a beautiful woman. Then what to talk about others.

Sri Narada who knows transcendental science, never teach staying in grihasta ashrama, but those who are spiritually blind in this Age of quarrel, like to foolishly think they are in parampara line of his teachings.

• Volunteer

Hare krsna,

All glories to Srila Prabhupad!!!

Ofcourse yes, one can be in a grihastha ashram and still follow brahmacharya. how? its the consciousness that matters. I recently read beautiful lines by His Holiness Radhanath Swami in which he writes "We cant always change our circumstance, but we can change our consciousness".

So, how can you follow brahmacharya in your family? Firstly, by not disrespecting or disowning your wife, by not treating her with disdain just because she is not krsna concious or supporting you in your spiritual journey. She is still part and parcel of Krsna. Secondly, by keeping your thoughts and urge of intimately associating with her to the minimum from your end. However, Your wife still needs to fulfil her needs and its your duty to provide that to her, even it doesnt align with your practice.

Remember to do your duty all the time and dont be a pretender https://www.vedabase.com/en/bg/3/6 and https://www.vedabase.com/en/bg/3/7

So, perform your duty to your wife and the kids and also continue your spiritual activities and leave the rest to krsna.

https://www.vedabase.com/en/bg/3/8

Perform your prescribed duty, for doing so is better than not working. One cannot even maintain one’s physical body without work.
    Purport: 

There are many pseudo meditators who misrepresent themselves as belonging to high parentage, and great professional men who falsely pose that they have sacrificed everything for the sake of advancement in spiritual life. Lord Kṛṣṇa did not want Arjuna to become a pretender. Rather, the Lord desired that Arjuna perform his prescribed duties as set forth for kṣatriyas. Arjuna was a householder and a military general, and therefore it was better for him to remain as such and perform his religious duties as prescribed for the householder kṣatriya. Such activities gradually cleanse the heart of a mundane man and free him from material contamination. So-called renunciation for the purpose of maintenance is never approved by the Lord, nor by any religious scripture. After all, one has to maintain one’s body and soul together by some work. Work should not be given up capriciously, without purification of materialistic propensities. Anyone who is in the material world is certainly possessed of the impure propensity for lording it over material nature, or, in other words, for sense gratification. Such polluted propensities have to be cleared. Without doing so, through prescribed duties, one should never attempt to become a so-called transcendentalist, renouncing work and living at the cost of others.

Hope this answers your query prabhuji.

Hare krsna.

Bg 3.6
    There are many pretenders who refuse to work in Kṛṣṇa consciousness but make a show of meditation, while actually dwelling within the mind upon sense…
    • Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam!

Thanks Prabhuji for providing 'right' guidance not just to the Prabhuji who raised the question, but to many others who are part of this forum.  

Adiyen would like to add just 1 more point here. A person in Grahastha asrama, is not only responsible for his family but he should also take care of other asramas (Brahamacharyam, Vanaprastham & Sanyasam) since only grahastha earns Lakshmi. Each asrama 'helps' other asramas (one way or other), thereby everyone attains lord's mercy.

Sarvam Krishnaarpanam!

• The doors of liberation from illusion are opened wide to one who has achieved human life. But if a human being simply devotes himself to family life, then he is to be considered as one who has climbed to a high place only to trip and fall down.

What is the use of a big education, practice of austerities, renunciation and studying religious scriptures, if ones mind is stolen  by a kids and wife.

• Hare Krishna,dandavat pranam.l have two children and I am 32 years old.My wife is against Krishna conscious. I have been enjoying sense gratification for 10 years. I want to improve my Krishna conscious.so i want to stop it.
    Web Server's Default Page
    • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I want to send you a personal mail regarding this. I have sent you a friend's request. Pls accept, so that I can write mail to you.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Pranams. As this is a sensitive issue, you should discuss it with some senior devotee who knows you personally. The basic principle is that sex has to be regulated as being a sex maniac reinforces the illusion that we are these bodies and this ruin our devotional life. If it does not get regulated, devotee can even become separated to save his spiritual life. 32 is still young. Sex within marriage is not as serious illicit sex like sex outside marriage and damages are still contained. You should give prasadam to your wife. It is a secret weapon. As life goes on, things and priorities may change.

• Hare Krsna, Dandavat pranam.

liked your answer.

Nice way to keep or get into Krsna consciousnesses to feed them Prasadam..

rest things will aliened gradually.

This reply was deleted.