Biggest enemy

Hare Krsna Prabhu jee and Mata jee! PAMHO! AGTSP!

Can someone educate me on who is the biggest enemy among Hindu sects for a KC devotee? And why do you think like that? For example, some people think Shaivas are worst enemy, some think Kali is worst. I want to educate who to keep away from? Please educate me.

Hari Bol! 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Biggest enemy is oneself. The insecurity is because of lack of purity in one's heart filled with various contradictory desires. Furthermore, one 's enemy is one's own false ego or intelligence or mind which do not allow to reach a state of pure devotion for Lord SRI KRISHNA who is SAT ,CHIT, ANANDA. Enemy within is so strong that one's own effort is not sufficient to remove it. We need the mercy of SRIMATI RADHARANI ,the internal potency of Lord SRI KRISHNA.Then only true surrender and bhava are experienced.That does not mean a devotee is naive to the environment. But when there is true surrender one can make right choices at every step.Otherwise,  quick and baseless generalizations lead to another form of dogmatism and sectarianism which take one further away from the truth .  Bhava or true love for Sri Krishna stay as a matter of talk rather than experience. There is a lot of transformation necessary within for getting the Mercy .We are then and then only better equipped to bring external changes but all this is out of love and no ill feeling for any one.

• Volunteer

Wonderful replies... I dont think i need to add anything more for this topic... PQPA..

Hari bol

• Hare Krishna, Dandavat pranati, Similar kind of question was also asked by Arjuna to The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna in the battlefield of kurukshetra and the answer is

śrī-bhagavān uvāca

kāma eṣa krodha eṣa

rajo-guṇa-samudbhavaḥ

mahāśano mahā-pāpmā

viddhy enam iha vairiṇam

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material mode of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring sinful enemy of this world. [3.37].

Moreover, Krishna always instructs in Bhagavat gita to overcome this enemy..[3.43]

evaḿ buddheḥ paraḿ buddhvā

saḿstabhyātmānam ātmanā

jahi śatruḿ mahā-bāho

kāma-rūpaḿ durāsadam

Thus knowing oneself to be transcendental to the material senses, mind and intelligence, O mighty-armed Arjuna, one should steady the mind by deliberate spiritual intelligence [Kṛṣṇa consciousness] and thus — by spiritual strength — conquer this insatiable enemy known as lust.

In few words, our Lust is our biggest enemy which is the source of all sinful activities. However, the properties of a KC devotee is described in Shikhastakam..

Text 3
    trinad api sunichena
    taror api sahishnuna
    amanina manadena
    kirtaniyah sada harih

One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige and should be ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

Bhagavat Gita also describes the characteristics of humble sages (KC devotees) []

TEXT 18

vidya-vinaya-sampanne
    brahmane gavi hastini
    suni caiva sva-pake ca
    panditah sama-darsinah

The humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater [5.18].

So, a real KC devotee must have equal vision and they should not have any barrier of nations, color, species, family, country, planets, religion. We should love and preach to all by not considering their qualities and shower them in the flood of Krishna prem and this is the vision of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, the golden incarnation of Krishna.

Yours Servant

• Moreover, enemy concept comes from Matsarja bhav , one of sada ripus. However, we can see, though all ripus can be appointed in pure devotion, Matsarja can't be appointed. Shrila Narottama das takur in Prema-bhakti Candrika teaches how we can appoint our ripus in KC except Matsarja.

kama krsna-karmarpane krodha bhakta-dwesis-jane
      lobha sadhu-sange hari-katha
      moha ista-lablha-bine mada krsna-guna-gane
      nijukta kariba jatha tatha

"Lust I will engage in offering the fruits of my work to Lord
      Krsna. Anger I will direct towards the enemies of the devotees.
      Greed I will engage by being greedy to hear the topics of Lord Hari
      in the association of the saintly devotees. Bewilderment will be
      manifested because I cannot immediately attain my worshipable Lord.
      Madness will be there when I madly glorify the transcendental
      attributes of Lord Krsna. In this way I will engage each of these
      in the service of Lord Krsna."

Your servant

• Hare Krishna !! my pranAms to the Bhagavan and Bhagavathas,

There are no enemies for a krishna-conscious devotees, including the Advaitins (whom ISKCON devotees affectionately call as Mayavadi rascals). Advaitins and also people who worship the aspects of the Supreme Divine all lead to Krishna finally and pleases him. Only direct remembrance of Krishna pleases him more (like the pleasure is more when a friend tells you that he thought about you..than the pleasure when the friend tell that while I was talking to so-and-so I was reminded of you). The true enemies to us is the power of Kali wielded in the following 10 aspects.

.1) Gambling

.2) Intoxication

.3) Ill-treatment of women/children/elders
    .4) Ill-treatment of animals/plants

.5) Desire for Gold/property

.6) Falsehood

.7) Egotism

.8) Lust

.9) Anger

.10) Hatred

In loving service to the Supreme Divine,

Suresh

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna
      Pamho
      As far as I have heard in one lecture by HHRNSM
      there is only one enemy and it is the most dangerous enemy
      it is OUR OWN UNCONTROLLED MIND
      ys
      rakesh roshan

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Those enemies within ourselves:

----LUST

----GREED

----ENVY

----PRIDE

---ILLUSION

---ANGER

In this way we have to keep our selves far from these enemies. 

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.