bhagvatam texts

hari om1 where is milk ,liquor , etc ocean in worldas stated by bhagvatam in nine varsa' s near bharat varsa(India)2 why not other continents like Africa, America,Australia (except Indian sub continent)3 why Puranas include history of only Indian sub continent

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

from what I have heard from senior devotees The reference to Bharatha does not mean Indian sub continent but the entire earth planet.

• Volunteer
    Hare Krishna Jitender Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
    in the center is situated the Mountain Meru and Sun in the Chariot surrounds it. All other planets also circulate this mountain.
    Bharata Varsha is not only India but the whole Earth planet. When Emperor Yudhishtra ruled Bharata Varsha it means He ruled all over the Earth Planet. When Prithu Maharaja or all other previous Kings ruled all over the Earth Planet. Not only India.
    Puranas include other continets. for example, Ravana used to live in South America, it is not nowadays small Sri Lanka but that big South America.
    Also Krishna and Arjuna while going to bring back the son of Guru They went to the North, around Siberia.
    Pandavas used to hide their guns - astras in Australia. so Puranas include those places, but maybe titles of those places are changed.
    as i remember You can find about oceans in Srimad Bhagavatam 5th canto. i forgot exactly have to look also.
    Your servant,
This reply was deleted.