Can anyone please comment on how to create a perfect balance between work life and spiritual life. After spending 12-13 hrs in office, one might be too tired to chant or devote any specific service to Lord,but we cant quit work as well.Morever while at work we often get distracted or influence by wrong people should we correct them, sometimes they can be captivating and we often have to put on an altar to deal with them. Is that justified ??i would appreciate comments from everyone.Hari Bol :)

Chant_Mahamantra_016_W.jpg

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna! Prabhu, Here are a few suggestions-both heard and original. Please,Take your picks.I am a fellow traveller with you facing the same predicaments!
    1. Wear Tilak to work , so others recognise you as a devotee and stay away from prajalpa in your company. They will also remember krishna.
    2. Keep an(mental?) alarm to briefly remember Krishna at the end of every hour at work.
    3. whether something is material or spiritual depends on the purpose for which it is used. So when we work in that consciousness of serving Krishna, work gets spiritualised
    4. Contribute 50% of the income to ISKCON/ Krishna Conscious charity
    5. Keep book of quotes/ pictures to look at periodically.
    Hare Krishna!

• Volunteer
      My wife and I go out on Hari Nama here in Vallabh Vidyanagar (big college town). There are nearly a lakh of students. We ask groups that gather around us how many hours they should expect to work in one day. They usually respond, "Eight, ten, twelve." and sometimes even more. Then we immediately say, "No, you should only have to work hard one or two hours in a day and the rest of your time should be given over to darshan, pravachan, bhajan, kirtan and maha prasad." They always smile and happily agree. And then an hour later we will probably see them watching a cricket match or studying hard for their next big exam.
  • Hare Krishna! Prabhujees and Matajees,
    Bhakti is the most intimate potency of Krishna,and is not given to all .If any one wants Krishna bhakti should be very serious and simple,it needs no material qualification or possession.We can take the example of
    GAJENDRA,KUBUJA,SUDAMA ,BRITASURA and DHRUB etc.
    We may be in any profession we should strive for our goal (prem bhakti).We never forget to eat ,sleep,mate .If any disturbance occur in eating, sleeping and mating we are serious,we consult the best doctor. Why not we be serious if you are unable to chant the holy name properly?Which is our eternal duty.
    HARE KRISHNA
  • Hare Krishna !
    how can we attain/experience the bliss in Chanting? what shud be our right attitude?
    For this You have to Pray Lord Krsna before starting the chanting, : Please Please Prabhuji, whatever I am however bad I am, But I am yours and yours truely. Prabhu please help me chant your name. Because I know that is the only way to come out of this Bhautik Jagat.
    Thus praying, you start chanting and see the effect yourself.
  • Sorry but my new freind pujan sinha,how can anyone be balanced after 12 to 13 hours working in a mundane office?Realistically you should make a temple in the office .....because you are there so long it is your purpose for living either by default or by subsequent financial reality!Either way if you cannot have a chanting atmosphere within it,look at someway to change your job!Where you are able to dictate the sorroundings and make them favourable for your proggressive krishna conciousness.
  • Hari Bol Pujan Prabhu,
    Out of 24 hours in a day you are spending 12-13 Hrs. in office. Still you have a balance of 11-12 Hrs. Leave aside 6 Hrs. for sleep, you still have 5-6 Hours. Of these leave 1 Hr.for eating + 1 Hr. with Family + 1 Hr. for Decorating yourself. Now there is nothing to be done and still you are left with 3 Hrs. In three Hrs. you can easily complete 30 round of Japa. If you start the Naam Japa Krsna will increase your will power and will help you to find out time from other activities. Your mind will be engaged all the time for Naam Japa whether you are holding Japa Beads in your hand or not. Without Japa Beads you will be doing the japa. Forget about correcting Wrong People that is the business of Krsna. You should not interfere in his business. This is my practical experience. I am doing 60 rounds of 108 beads daily and am planning to increae it to 100 rounds daily. I know I can do it just like Namacharya Haridas Thakur who was doing about 196 rounds daily. For that I will have to have full determination of thinking only about Krna and nothing else. At present I have fifty fifty determination that is why I am balancing Krsna and other works. Same is the case with you. Since you have no full samarpan to Krsna, you are thinking of balancing Him with useless activities of this Bhautik Jagat. You simply without thinking anything start by one round a day and Krsna will puh you to 200 rounds a day.
  • Pranam,
    Firstly and frankly speaking,Iam not so grown to your put an effort to solve the problem,
    rather i had a question to you that why we changing our mind from place to place.,
    though it was not duality we come under pressure to ACT or DEAL in differet places
    and to different persons.
    I think if we purely surrender to ourown self called the consciousness we let away all the
    doubts and we able to act wisely ,and successfully.

Coming on to the first quoting you can simply condider your office as your temple,No one can
    carry all the BHAKTI,KARMA,AND JHANA marga together in a 24 hours day.

at yours feet
    anish ms
    • Volunteer
      God is in your heart, Anish. You're there with God. God directs your steps. You don't have to worry. You've got the secret to happiness.
  • Volunteer
    My dear Pujan Sinha,
    The best way to gain full benefit from the chanting of the maha mantra is to do it out in public. Surrounded by nescience (basically, the material world) we really have to take shelter of the Holy Name and are then more able to realize its full value and potency.
    Yours in Their service,
    Sarvopama dasa ACBSP
    p.s.If you can only go out on your front step and chant for one or two minutes every day (EVERY DAY) I guarantee you will experience transcendental spiritual miracles in your life.
  • Volunteer
    In the purport to Mantra Eleven of the Śrī Īśopaniṣad
    by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda we see that:

Unless religion, economic development and sense gratification aim toward the attainment of devotional service to the Lord, they are all simply different forms of nescience...

That eleventh mantra states that, "Only one who can learn the process of nescience and that of transcendental knowledge side by side can transcend the influence of repeated birth and death and enjoy the full blessings of immortality."

Srila Prabhupada used to say it is a gradual process and we have to make the best of a bad bargain. We are in this material world but we are not of it. We have to use whatever facility might be provided for us to extricate ourselves from this perilous condition. It's kind of like using a thorn to remove a thorn.
This reply was deleted.