ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

How to make studies(education) as a bhakti karma? Even studies are also a kind of karma which students will do in their school or college life.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Manika, 

If You chant Hare Krsna Mantra in the morning with attentive mind then no need to worry about Your studies being karma or not karma. 

Krsna says in Bhagavad Gita that His Devotee won't disturb others being depended on them for food or shelter. Devotees will work honestly and maintain themselves. So Your studies You need to perform honest work and maintain Yourself and Your family. 

If You add chanting to Your morning or whenever possible then there is no problem. 

I also studied BA, MA, now my husband works, earns money. It is material. But we have Deities at home, we offer food, chant and read for Them. 

Your servant, 

Hare krishna,
thanqu mata ji for your wonderful explanation

Hare Krsna,

Very good question. Think of it like this. The food that devotees eat seems like normal vegetables and lentils, just like what everyone else eats; vegetarians. However, after offering the food to Krsna, it becomes spiritualized. Why? Because it has been cooked for the satisfaction of the Supreme Lord, and know it is completely transcendental. All objects, even our own bodies-a piece of dry stool, when used for Krsna's satisfaction become completely transcendental, and no longer in the material platform. Similarly, if we study w/ the mindset that the fruits of our hard labor- money used to build temples and do Krsna Consciousness things, this offering makes studying become a part of spiritual life and bhakti, because of its end goal to serve Krsna.

Yrs servant,

Tamal Krsna

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Srila Prabhupada has  mentioned in some lectures that Arjuna was a kshatriya, a grihasta before hearing the Gita and remained one after hearing the Gita. Nowhere KRsna says, drop everything you are doing and go to forest in search of me. He says, continue to do your duty, whichever situation in life one is in, only change your consciousness. Do the prescribed duty as a service to the lord.

FOr a student, studying with due diligence is a service to the lord, if the studies are done with a mentality that _ Krsna I am studying because I am a student. THis is my duty. So I want to do my duty as a service to you and offer the fruits of my labour to you. THen when one doesnt get good marks, or one does not clear any entrance exam, it is not the end of the world for the student. They are able to take it in perspective. 

Alongwith studies, please do your sadhana also - chant minimum of 4 rounds and follow 4 regulative principles - should be easy in student life. THe only difficult part is the vegeterian food without onion garlic. Try and see if that is possible.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

RSS

Receive Daily Nectar

Online Statistics

Addon Services

For more details:
Click here 

Back to Godhead Magazine !

For more details:
English | Hindi