attaraction towards opposite sex

its my personal question to anyone up there.

even though we are aware of krishna, still maya wont leave us sometimes. so even though we in touch with krishna concious we still get attracted to the opposite sex even though we try to stop. when we try to control our mind running around for these type pf material hankering still we are forced to do these by our mind even though we are not interested. so what should a practisioner do in order to guard himself from being attached to these. N one more thing is that is there any way to get rid of these desires that arise in the mind? Please anyone answer my question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Volunteer
    If u can retain ur semen for 12 yrs, u awaken the Hladini shakti within u. Right now, this energy remains coiled in u in form of kundalini. U hv to awaken it by practicing this austerity, then u can communicate with the divine!!! Hare Krishna!!!
    • Volunteer
      Thank you, Gourab Saha, I'd started to give up hope here. That sounds very good. At the same time though, we can start communicating with the divine right now by sincerely calling out to Krishna with the Maha Mantra. If we take one step toward Krishna, He takes unlimited many more back toward us. We've been given this topmost system of Bhakti yoga. In this way we can very easily achieve the end result of all other yoga systems without separate endeavor and Krishna will personally protect us from the tendency to misuse any powers we may develop along the way.
  • @ Sarvopama dasa ACBSP

Hare krsna!

Prabhuji

"one is incontinent and unable to properly retain semen and manage his ojas shakti"

Prabhu does the semen have anything like 'ojas shakti'.

I am unaware of it so if possbl kindly explain and give scriptural evidences.

• Volunteer
      An important word in this verse is urdhva-retasah, which means brahmacaris who have never discharged semen. Celibacy is so important that even though one does not undergo any austerities, penances or ritualistic ceremonies prescribed in the Vedas, if one simply keeps himself a pure brahmacari, not discharging his semen, the result is that after death he goes to the Satyaloka. Generally, sex life is the cause of all miseries in the material world. In the Vedic civilization sex life is restricted in various ways. Out of the whole population of the social structure, only the grihasthas are allowed restricted sex life. All others refrain from sex. The people of this age especially do not know the value of not discharging semen. As such, they are variously entangled with material qualities and suffer an existence of struggle only.

Srimad Bhagavatam 4.11.5

sa tan prishatkair abhidhavato mridhe

nikritta-bahuru-sirodharodaran

ninaya lokam param arka-mandalam

vrajanti nirbhidya yam urdhva-retasah
      • Hare krsna!

Prabhuji

Thanks 4 enlightening.

But What does 'ojas shakti' of  semen mean?

• Volunteer
          I'm sorry I wasn't able to help. Perhaps there are others who will explain this to you.
  • Volunteer
    Both the physical nature and the mental condition have to be brought into line. The Maha Mantra is the most potent medicine for the mind, body and soul but if one is incontinent and unable to properly retain semen and manage his ojas shakti, he will be fighting a losing battle.
  • Hk !

Prabhuji,

Personally answering to ur personal question 2 conquer LUST or CARNAL DESIRE or ANIMAL DESIRE following points proved invaluable 2 me,

1.KNOWLEDGE:

One must realise that this physical beauty is only and only an 'ILLUSION' and not TRUE.
    In fact it is not beauty at all, rather its a trap.

Above point must go on ECHOING in the mind to 'PROGRAMM' it.

One can read the scriptures,authorised books etc to repeatedly confirm it 2 d self that its an illusion and cause of all miserieS.

2.BHAKTI:

On the other hand one must visualise the TRANSCENDENTAL beauty of Sri Radhekrsna,the beauty of their love, the beauty of their playfull times, the beauty of the feelings of their devotees the beauty of their love for us.We must realize that they are our true well-wisher.

3.ANTI-MATERIALISM:

We being souls need to realise that we are superior to the the material energy.
    So we must not run after them.We are more powerful than even the super computers but we are in dormant stage by being slaves of this material energy.This includes hankering after Gadjets like cellphones,laptops etc etc & money.

Here it can be mentioned that, LUST is even a material energy because being trapped in lust we are only in the bodily conception of the person and not concerned with his IDENTITY which is the soul and is spiritual in nature.

4.Every actions and thoughts of us must aim at satisfying(making happy) the lord and not ourself.

With the above 4 points followed with dedication and conviction,
    Maya has no other option but to accept defeat.

I have told u this with my personal experience and realization and not just casually.
    So if you find the things convincing plz do follow them.

All comments always welcome.
    Jai Radhakrsna.
    • JAI PRABHUPADA,,,

thank you prabhuji. i shall take yout advice.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pamho 

hare krishna prabhu ji

lord krishna is say in bhagavad geeta

chaptar 3 verse 43

evam buddheh param buddhva 
        samstabhyatmanam atmana 
        jahi satrum maha-baho 
        kama-rupam durasadam

meaning :- Thus knowing oneself to be transcendental to material senses, mind and intelligence, one should control the lower self by the higher self and thus--by spiritual strength--conquer this insatiable enemy known as lust.

and as his order:- chapter 9 verse 34

man-mana bhava mad-bhakto 
        mad-yaji mam namaskuru 
        mam evaisyasi yuktvaivam 
        atmanam mat-parayanah

meaning :- Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, offer obeisances and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me.

so please chant "HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE !

HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE RAMA HARE!!

AND BE HAPPY

HARI BOL

YOUR SERVANT  , RAVI 

This reply was deleted.