Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

I would advice not to put much importance in following this astrology, not that it is bad it may be useful, but i consider it a science more fit for those who do not want to put full confidence in the lord.

People start putting trust in this science of astrology, and not fully in the lord's unlimited power as the supreme controller.

Astrology seems to tell you what is going to happen in your life (materially), as if you where independent.

If the prediction is bad people may get stressed about it, creating fear and doubt to act in the person's mind. (like people afraid of Sade Sati)

Or if it is a good prediction, some people start to feel themselves independent from the lord.                       Instead of trusting that by the lord's grace you will be safe, now you may "unconsciously"  think that everything will "naturally" be ok,  due to the position of the planets.

To know one's so called personal destiny, as a devotee of the lord, is not necessary.

We have surrendered unto the Lord, so we need to put our full faith and trust in Krishna, that he is in full control of our lives at all times and not the nakshastra and graha(planets).

Hare Krishna, Jai Nitai Gauranga.

• This article will answer your question http://www.dandavats.com/?p=12941

TOVP Canada Team To Promote TOVP In Canada
    By Sunanda das Officially formed under the banner of the Toronto, Ontario temple with the guidance and inspiration of His Holiness Bhaktimarga Swami,…
  • What is importance of medicine, or getting a job, or having a house to live in - if we chant the Holy Name?

Zero.

Yet since we live in the material world these things are useful. Same with astrology if you can find a good astrologer which is not so easy these days many cheaters or very poorly trained ones. That applies to ISKCON as anywhere else. Some are very good at self promotion and publish month newsletters but self - promotion is not same as expertise.

Here is an article that exposes some popular but bogus astrologers in ISKCON http://tinyurl.com/nsr2uws

http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/11-12/editorials9377.htm
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Astrology is one of our ancient sciences. Therefore it is not rejected. I had heard in one lecture that astrology comes right from Srimati Radharani (pls dont ask me reference, I dont have). The problem is that it is difficult to find a genuine astrologer these days. Another problem is that in everyone's life, there are 2-3 crossroads that are life altering. We can choose either of these paths and accordingly, the course of life changes. If the astrologer is not astute, the entire prediction can go wrong.

There are some people in whose kundali it is written that they are devotees or that this is their last birth. They will be naturally inclined towards spirituality.

I am not able to understand why you haev asked this question. While astrology is a relevant science, one has to take everything with a pinch of salt these days - one still has to do one's karma.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

This reply was deleted.