Dandavats Prabhu's and Didi's

I hope this find's you all in good health and spiritual mood

If I may ask a humble question from a lowly and degraded fool, recently I came in contact with some people that I go to school with who use Vapes (or E-cigarettes). My question (i guess) is are these "vapes" (even without added intoxicant's) bad for spiritual life and are they a breach of the four regulative principles (being that it is a type of smoking?) 

Again I hope that this post finds you all in good health and service mood.

your servant 

Jontidas108

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes "equomnimnaty and sameness" is what Krishna is asking for. Krishna has created the perfect reconciliation program,/ prosess and trained-up others to guide us through it.
    As it is' ) exzactly as it will be represented. Why is it very difficult for you to (be chanting attentively?)
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

E-cigarette - does it have nicotine? My guess is yes - if it has nicotine, then it is not to be consumed. 

Any addictive or intoxicant is detrimental to devotional life. This makes us dependent on the e-cigarette, without which we are not able to concentrate on anything. We are supposed to be intoxicated with the mood of service to guru and Gauranga. Therefore, we cannot afford to be subservient to any other form of intoxication.

Please refrain from these vapes or e-cigarettes.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Dandavats Didi 

All glories to Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga

I hope this Finds you In good health and service mood

Thank you for your wonderful response, I found it very helpful!!! the reason why I asked this was because I had seen these people engaging in this activity and I was curious around the effect it would have on ones spiritual life from the consumption of such products.

Again I thank you for your answer

your servant 

Gauranga Krsna Das

This reply was deleted.