Krishna Consciousness in Unconscious State

Hare Krishna!

My Dearest and Beloved Devotees,
Please accept my humble obeisance. All glories to Srila Prabhupada,

I want to know,

A person tries to enthuse himself/ herself with KC. He/ she KC reads books, practices Bhakti Yoga and all and chant Hare Krishna Mahamantra.But suddenly he/ she gets a CEREBRAL ATTACK and due to Brain hamarage and clotting of Blood inside the Brain, he/ she forgets everythig. He/ she forgets relatives, friends evryone and most importantly He/ She forgets SHRI KRISHNA. he/ she can't even chant the Holy Names of God. forgot everything.

Then what will he/ she do? Can't he/ she serve anymore Krsna in life?

I am eagerfully waiting for the reply, Thank you very much in advance and again forgive me if i hurt any of my dearest Prabhujis.

My best regards ever,

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• agar krishna chahte hai to unko krshna yaad a jaega..leave it to him dnt worry..waise me zaada kuch jani nai par me bus help krne ki try kr rhi h...

• Hare Krishna Prabhus,

My Mother passed away just two months ago.  I had been caring for her for the last three years.  In the end, she also could not actively show interest remembering her Faith-life (Mom was a good christian).  What I did, was to collect a few video movies & gospel-music CD's.  These were choice selections of music and video of people and songs and sounds she had been familiar with in her younger life.  They contained songs she was familiar with, and a singer who was easy to understand.  (simple selections, music that is not too active.)

Sometimes she would say she was bored or did not feel well.  I would say, "do you want to hear some Gospel Songs?".  She would nod 'yes' and would feel better hearing the familiar songs.  She would sit and sway with the music or she would lay down and take a nap, feeling consoled my her familiar tunes.

I never tried to preach remembrance of things to her... it only confused her.  So,  I took what I knew of her favorite things which would apply to her spiritual life, and just weaved them into daily routine... Over and over again, spread out through the day and night, I would play these things for her.

In the final end, she heard what she had been used to hearing, and passed away with some familiarity with the things which she may not have remembered otherwise.

This is just my experience; rather than try to make a failing relative try to remember... It might be easier just to surround her with all things familiar.  Also, I certainly agree that Shri Krsna must see that a soul has made progress in this life, and that because of the condition of aging on the body and mind, that person may not remember.  But Krishna remembers, and He is Loving. No spiritual progress is ever lost.

ys, rf

• HARE KRISHNA

HARI BOL

JAI NITYANANDA GAURANGA

HARE KRISHNA

HARI BOL

JAI NITAI GAURAHARI

JAI ACHARYAS

JAI VAISHANAVAS

PRABHU JI!

ACTUALLY IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. BUT EVEN IF IT HAPPENS, SINCE KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS IS OUR ORIGINAL NATURE, IT DOES NOT DEPEND UPON REMEMBRANCE. LORD AS SUPERSOUL IS GIVING REMEMBRANCE AND KNOWLEDGE AND ALSO FORGETFULNESS. NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT HIS SANCTION. IF THAT HAS TO HAPPEN DUE TO SOME PAST SINS, DEVOTEE WILL BETTER LEAVE BODY AND GET NEXT FIT BODY IN WHICH HE WILL AGAIN BE REMINDED OF KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS. YOU CAN USE HE/SHE FOR HE.

• My Grandma is like in this situation. She is alive. she was inclined to KC. But now she forgets everything and does not recognize anyone. when I try to tell her about KRISHNA she reacts like a child of 2 years old. Whereas she was very much fond of SHRI KRISHNA. 

Please tell how to revive her from this forgetfullness at least she can serve KRISHNA.

• Volunteer

Keep trying to talk to her about Krsna, play kirtanas when she is alone, have Prabhupada chanting in the background. By Krsna's grace she will recover, but if not, as Mihir Prabhu mentioned, her bhakti will be preserved for her next life. But in the meantime, do everything you can in your ability to help her remember Krsna or at least have the fortune to hear Krsna's names

This reply was deleted.