HARE KRISHNA, ALL PRABHUJIS AND MATAJIS!

In India, Vedas and Upanisads are regarded  as authentic Scriptures by all, but in case of PURANS, their opinions are different.Some of them are saying that the stories which are written in Purans,Mahabharat and Ramayana are imaginary.Some of them are saying that the cosmological descriptions which are written in 'Puran's,Mahabharata and Ramayana are not supported by Veda.

Some Scholars, such as Swami Vivekananda,Swami Dayananda Saraswati  etc are saying that our

Purans are not authentic.Some historians (whose books are prescribed as the text books in Schools of West Bengal) are saying that the 'Bhagavad Gita' was later included in the original text of Mahabharata.Our most students of West-Bengal are only familiar with these words of the historians and the scholars (such as Swami Vivekananda).

So, I want to know the original fact from the Devotees.

HARI BOL!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

There is no need to mention incidents related to non-devotees like Swami Vivekananada. They may be famous in other social forums, but they many not be welcome here since they were not followers of any Vaishnava Sampradaya. Being non-followers of Vaishnava sampradaya has its own set of problems, hence it is unwelcome. 

For example the last statement -  I saw the Lord in the image of Krishna! This is testimony of bogus mayavada philosophy who consider the lord as image. 

There is no Lord in the image of Sri Krsna. Sri Krishna is the supreme personality of Godhead Himself. It is mayavada to consider Krsna as image of some other Lord or something else. Please refrain from such statements. Best to quote statements from Vaishnava acarayas or vaishnava scriptures like Srimad Bhagavatam etc. 

Hare Krsna 

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

The term "Vaishnava Circle" was never mentioned in my post.

We have least interest in Ramakrishna math and their affiliates. We have no interest in 64 broken peices or 64 philosophies. 

We are clear about what Vaishnava Sampradaya is and what the Vishnava siddhanta is. That is good enough for us. Everyone is free to practice their own path. Our only request is refrain from mentioning them here, if the people you are following are not vaishnava acaryas coming in any of the bonafide four vaishnava sampradaya. I am sure you will find some other forums where people might be interested in them. This is not the place for it. 

Hare Krsna

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Dwaipayan Ghosh Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Please, find nice Devotees and render service to them by accepting Prasadam from them or giving them Prasadam or accepting gifts from them or receiving, and after becoming friends open Your heart to them and help them to solve their problems.

And also try to follow Temple Sadhana waking up before Brahma Muhurta and attentively chanting Your 16 rounds. Then reading Bhagavad Gita. Then Srimad Bhagavatam.

And try to attend Kirtans, dance for full enjoyment.

And for sure if You do these things regularly Krishna will reply to You. The Holy Name will reply to You. And suspicions will burn away.

Speculations will fly away.

Association of sincere Devotees is very IMPORTANT!!!

And humility is the first qualification for getting knowledge and mercy of the Lord.

Please forgive me for being a child giving some advice to You learned Person! 

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna Devotees

Please don't get upset with my words.

Its very normal for many people(especially neo-phyte) to ask these kind of doubts.

I joined this website recently thinking that I will get more knowledge but looks like I end up in getting more doubts which I never wanted.

I wanted to enjoy the blind faith and love for Lord Krishna.  is that possible?

I have heard one more topic about Lord Shiva in http://www.krishna.com/lord-shiva spoken by ISKCON devotee.

There I understood that Lord Krishna himself had send  Śańkarācārya (considered to be incarnation of Lord shiva) to spread Mayavadi Philosophy.Why would lord Krishna do that ?

At one place Lord Krishna says "It's right to fight(violence) to protect dharma"

In other times his incarnation Buddha teaches non-voilence.

Does somebody has some simple explanation for this.

Lord Shiva | Krishna.com
      • Volunteer

Hare Krishna Mataji. Dandavat Pranam. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

/*I wanted to enjoy the blind faith and love for Lord Krishna.  is that possible?*/

a little knowledge is very dangerous.........

Mataji few questions to you

Are you reading Srila Prabhupada Books?  are you associating with devotees in temple ? are you taking prasadam ? Are you hearing lectures specially HG Radheshyam Prabhu, HG Gaurango prabhu ?

Forgive me am asking this beacuse all your query and doubts can only be answered if you are doing the above things

Your aspiring servant

Hari Bol

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji

No problem for asking questions. :)

I do associate with devotees for satsang/sankirtan

I do chant 4 minimum  rounds.

I do pooja/aarti at my home and take prasadam.

Reading books.. I read couple of years back (BG and some books of Srila prabhupada) .. not reading regularly now.

Well my questions still stays same.

Like a small child just blindly believes her mother whatever she says.Same way without full knowledge , is it even possible to gain that blind faith and love without questioning.

hari bol.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Mataji. Dandavat Pranam. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

No without knowledge, blind faith would fade away infront of strong opposition. To love a person one need to know about the person. It is good to have doubt and ask question to progress in KC , But Prabhupada has given all the answers of this kind of query in his books if one read throughly.

yes shankaracharya was Lord Shiva himself. And he came to propogate the confusing philosophy as it is confirmed in Padma Purana in the below verse:

Padma Purana (Uttara khanda 25.7) that reveals the hidden identity of Shankaracarya:

mayavadam asac-chastram
            pracchannam bauddham ucyate
            mayaiva vihitam devi
            kalau brahmana-murtina

"The Mayavada philosophy, Siva informed his wife Parvati, is covered Buddhism. In the form of a brahmana in the kali-yuga, I teach this imagined philosophy." Shankaracarya is thus widely accepted as an incarnation of Shiva.

Actually it was needed at that time to rescue the santana dharma from the clutches of buddhism / sunyavada by establishing  the authority of vedas in a pseudo buddhism way.

Krishna Came as Lord Buddha beacuse people were missinterpreting Vedas in regard to animal sacrifice thats why to stop animal killing unnecessarily He taught non-violence philosophy at that time.

But all the voidism of Buddha and mayavada of Shankara was given according to time,place and audience but eternal philosophy is what Krishna himself taught to Arjuna.

your aspiring servant

Hari Bol

• Hare Krishna Sudipta prabhuji

I like your answer

"No without knowledge, blind faith would fade away infront of strong opposition."

Thank you for answering other questions as well.

• Volunteer

Vivekananda's contribution  lies in unfolding the glory of India before the Western world . He was worshiped by famous revolutionaries of India. As far as his spiritual doctrines are concerned, they are all imperfect. 

• How do you say this? Have you read anything about him? have you read the "Complete works of Swami Vivekananda" to have a clear cut view of what exactly Swami Vivekananda has said. 

This reply was deleted.