About mind

Hare Krsna devotees,

Please accept my humble obeisances, 

My question is about the mind. Lord Krsna said that Mind is very chancala. It's difficult and almost impossible to control it without surrendering to Krsna.

So, the mind is always inducing us to enjoy material objects and skip Krsna conscious activities. But sometimes we may actually feel like reading Ramayana or Bhagavatam. We feel that something inside us tells us, May be read Ramayana or Bhagavatam.

So, is this suggestion given by mind or Krsna or our soul feels like doing it.

Thanks in advance 

Hare Krsna 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ji Ji that's true a real/Sincear Bhakti thirsts for the absolut truth-(Krishna) above all else this is the greatest intelligence the real intalectuels we all have seen and experienced 1000 times the bogusness of every other path. (HH) (SP) has said only after the Soul has tried and failed at every other path. & being absolutely frustrated we finnaly submit one finnal time to the quest to know the truth, regarding 1What & Who is God, What is nature & What is the eternal constitutional position/relationship between ourselves God & nature! & lucky for us we are guided to (HH)(SP) & the rest is Hi'sStory good luck everyone! Embrace & love the pure truth!
  • When you are thirsty u want water.. there is dehydration and the symptoms of dehydration manifest and order the brain to sip a glass of water. repeated signals are sent to the brain. and ur all senses are diverted towards that source of water where ever it is available you long and go toward water in search of it.?? IS IT NOT?? 

Similarly when the soul is in search of parmatma....its a kind of thirst. I want to search everywhere...Parmatma guiding sitting inside ur heart to search HIm in books.. in lectures in videos in temples... in all places where you can find more and more information about LORD.

WHEN THE PERSON is operating in this mode it is called mode of Satva.. He always wants to search all the information regarding parmathma study and learn more and more about HIM..You think you are going towards the books Ramayana and Mahabharata or Bhagwatam to read...LOL ! But actually its the Lord that is guiding you.. to go search this book that book to get more instructions for you to follow He is just providing you leading ways... So that you will catch the trail and quench your thirst. 

WHen there is a bodily thirst your sense organs are directed towards material things ( example you are thirsty for water u see water everywhere ... You start even seeing mirages) This is becoz ur whole body each cell is craving for water droplets.

If that craving is for lord.. then???? You will Search for HIM everywhere your soul yearns for HIm you want to find more and more info of Him so then atma will be guided by parmatma then to search available sources.. ( guru, temples, books. lectures.. etc.)

Jai Sri Krishna.

• Respectful Obeisance to all devotees, HG AC Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada, Gaura Nitaye Prabhu and HIs Associtation of Devotees.

In Bhagwat Gita Krishna says I am the source of all, It's I who make one's remember or forget the things,and suggests/allow  him to do or not, as I am present in a form of Parmatma in every one's Heart.

So You can think, Krishna is giving you a choice to Either recite Srimadh Bhagwatam or Ramayana. There is no Harm in to select one of them, both are meant to Krishna. (Krishna and Rama are One).

Proof: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Mataji, I am a Fallen Soul, I am not so Expert, any offence or mistake be forgiven.

Hare Krishna :)

This reply was deleted.