Hare Krishna...We often recognise some people around us worshipping their spiritual masters other than the Supreme Lord. They think that services to Gurus and Parents as befitting the service of the Lord. I feel that such practices should be protested against. We being the devotees of the lord should respect every being equally and not with the status they hold in the material world. I also condemn the das Anudas pratha and descendant worship regulations. I believe that ISKCON should stand for the rights of common devotees as well and not just the upper strata being the descendants of the previous Acharya. I think the service to the Lord should be made open to fitting devotees and not just to few as they are Anudas of previous Das. This change would need a revolution which I believe can come from this society.Hare Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sevak

Hare Krsna 

They think that services to Gurus and Parents as befitting the service of the Lord. I feel that such practices should be protested against. 

It is best if such feelings are kept to oneself. Practice of Krsna Consciousness are not based on feelings or mood. It involves feeling, but it is not based on feelings. Practice of Krsna consciousness is based on vedic scriptures. 

As far as worship of spiritual master and vashnavas is concerned the following verse recited by lord Shiva is very instructive. 

aradhananam sarvesam
    visnor aradhanam param
    tasmat parataram devi
    tadiyanam samarcanam

Once, Parvati-devi asked Lord Siva, "Of all kinds of worship, whose worship is best?"

Then, Lord Siva told her plainly, "The worship and devotional service of Lord Narayana, Visnu, is the highest."  "But higher than the worship of Narayana is worship of the devotees of Lord Narayana. That is even greater than devotion to the Lord Himself." Padma Purana

This is also in line with practice of Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprahu who is Sri Krsna himself. Lord Chaitanya worshiped his spiritual master and served senior Vaishnavas. By this He demonstrated what we should do. 

I also condemn the das Anudas pratha and descendant worship regulations.

Individuals are free to do what they want. The path of Krsna consciousness as described by acaryas involving being the servant of servant of devotees is one of the main principles of Bhakti in Vaishnava Sampradaya. Accepting or rejecting it is a personal choice. 

I believe that ISKCON should stand for the rights of common devotees as well and not just the upper strata being the descendants of the previous Acharya.

Iskcon's main purpose is to revive the constitutional right of a living entity to love and serve Krsna naturally. Iskcon does not serve any particlar strata. This has been proven by Srila Prabhupada when he started the movement by giving the highest knowledge, service to least qualified people in the western society. Do u think hippies were descendant of acaryas ?

I think the service to the Lord should be made open to fitting devotees and not just to few as they are Anudas of previous Das. This change would need a revolution which I believe can come from this society.

The most important way to serve lord is by chanting the holy names of Sri Krsna. It is open to all devotees. it would be helpful if you can be more specific about your complaints rather than generalizing. It will be more helpful if an individual's perspective is widened rather than trying to make "revolutionary" comments 

Hare Krsna

• Well it could be a revolution ONLY IF the pioneer of such revolution will be well versed in all scriptures first.

And if he/she will be so Shastra savvy and elevated devotee then I don't think there will be a revolution after all.

It's very easy to say that I chant nicely; but people who love chanting are rasiks. They are lost in Rasa.

This reply was deleted.