A Question About Siva Linghams?

Please Accept My Humble Obeisances.All Glories to Srila Prabhupada and All Vaisnavas.I have recently received two Siva Linghams as a gift. I know Lord Siva to be very dear to Sri Krishna, so I gladly accepted them. I don't want to make any offenses, so I would like to know what is the proper way of a Vaisnava to worship the Lord's most dear devotee through Siva Linga?If I have committed any offense in asking this question, please forgive me.Hare KrishnaForever in your service,David

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu

You may worship the Shiva Lingas by offering Them Maha flowers etc ie. flowers that have been offered to Krishna or you could worship Them with the understanding that you are serving a Pure devotee of Krishna and ask Lord Shiva to grant you blessings for your devotional service.

• Hari Bol!

This is something that i think would make Sri Sri Radha Krishna very happy.
      My only prayer to Lord Shiva is to grant me pure Krishna Bhakti.
  • Volunteer

Dear David prabhu Hare Krsna,    Siva linga is worshipped by the followers of Lord Siva.   

They worship him with puja and prayers chanting his name to get     Dharma   artha    kama    moksha.

As vaisnavas  we do not generally worship Lord siva for anything as we hear from Sri Krsna there is no need to worship and be devoted to the demigods.

Devotees of Krsna are not interested in the 4 goals of the vedas as Bhagavatam has declare them as a cheating process.

We are only intrested in the 5th goal pancha purush artha.    Krsna prema.   And only Krsna can give that.

The souls eternal nature is Krsna das and by devoting ourselves to Krsna our original Krsna consciousness is awakened.

Those wh become devoted to Lord siva become impersonalists.

That is mentioned in Bhagavatam in the story about Daksha's offence against Lord siva  and Sati giving up her life .

{lease read all about this before you take to being a worshipper of siva.       Hare Krsna

• Hare Krishna my dear Jagadatma Das.

I do know that Lord Krishna is the source of all sources. So I do not wish to become a Shiva Bhakta, although I have the highest respect for Lord Shiva as the greatest Vaisnava.

I want to know the respectable way to please these lingams, as they are very dear to Sri Krishna.
      Please forgive my offenses.

Hari bol

Your servant,
      David
      • Volunteer

Hare Krsna David prabhu,   if you wish to mix worship of lord sive and Lord Krsna that is your own personal choice.

I personally don't know any devotees who do this as most devotees desire one pointed devotion to  Krsna only,      ekantika krsna bhakti.

This worship of Sive lingha you desire is not given by our guru Srila Prabhupada to us.

But we do go to a Lord Siva temple and offer prayers and great respect in Vrndavan

You will have to search out a guru to learn this and be initiated into the mantras of worship.

All other pujas of Lord Siva is mixed with impersonalism and mayavadism.  Hare Krsna

In Vrndavan Lord siva is worshipped as Gopeswar Mahadev you can find on Google.

lord shiva as gopeswar mahadev

• Hare Krishna

I will not follow anything outside of the teachings Srila Prabhupada and Lord Caitanya's line.

I thank you for enlightening me on Gopeshwara Mahadev. I will recognize that form when I see these Siva Lingams in my temple room.

Again, please forgive me if I have offended you in any way Prabhuji. I am just a soul lost in this material existence. I am trying to learn how to live without making any offenses.

Hari bol

Your Servant,
          David
This reply was deleted.