A clarification regarding planetary system?

Hare Krishna!
Please accept my humble obeisance. All glories to Srila Prabhupada,

It is nicely described here in the website about the 14 Loka / planetary system based on the Srimad Bhagavatam.
There it is decribed that, the Sun and the Moon are in the Higher Planetary system,

On every planet, even in the higher planetary systems, including the moon and the sun, as well as on this earth, the same principles of animal life exist.
(Srimad Bhagavatam------3:17:1------purport).

1. My questions is that, Are these two higher and Lower planetary system with respect to the Earth itself? i.e, 7 are above the earth and 7 are below the earth?

If so, will someone clarify me the fact that, the Earth is moving round the sun. So the Sun is sometimes above the earth and sometimes below the earth. So How the Sun can be always above the Earth?

2. Is a Loka (say Bhuvarloka or Svaloka) is expanded horizontally or like a circle in the universe? If it is expanded like a circle, then it could be possible for a Higher Loka to be below the Earth at certain point of time?

3. Below these lower planets by 30,000 yojanas, Se?a Naga is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean. That ocean is 249,800,000 yojanas deep.
(Srimad Bhagavatam------5:23:9------purport).

Is the Occean is in the universe itself, means the occean is flying in the universe? Or this occean is in a Planet?

Actually I feel very hard time to understand this so when reading it raised in my mind.
I am sorry and please forgive me if I have put a wrong question.

Just your Servant

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

1. My questions is that, Are these two higher and Lower planetary system with respect to the Earth itself? i.e, 7 are above the earth and 7 are below the earth?

If so, will someone clarify me the fact that, the Earth is moving round the sun. So the Sun is sometimes above the earth and sometimes below the earth. So How the Sun can be always above the Earth?

There are 14 planetary systems in one universe. So from the above down 7th are Earthly planets.

Because Sun is not Earthly planet but heavenly it is above the Earth. 

Sun moves very slow it is not Sun who comes below the Earth but it is Earth which travels faster. Maybe Earth moves in the shape of spiral so half year there is winter in the south and half year winter in the north. 

This can be seen especially in the Northern part of the Earth where there is night for 6 months and day for six month.

2. Is a Loka (say Bhuvarloka or Svaloka) is expanded horizontally or like a circle in the universe? If it is expanded like a circle, then it could be possible for a Higher Loka to be below the Earth at certain point of time?

Lotus petal which comes out from the navel of Lord Vishnu is mount Meru. Sun moves around that mount. All other planets also move around the Sun. 

Universe is in the shape of an egg horizontally. Half filled with water. 

So higher planets move above the Earthly planets they never come below them.

They are all rounded in shape. 

Is the Occean is in the universe itself, means the occean is flying in the universe? Or this occean is in a Planet?

please imagine egg filled half with water so that is Garbhodaka ocean where Lord Vishnu lies on the Shesha Naga.

Your servant, 

• You should post this question to @ www.thespiritualscientist.com and you will get the explanation .

Hare Krishna , 

Your Servant

Suren

• Volunteer

For more info on cosmology - check out: http://www.veda.harekrsna.cz/planetarium/

As much as I would love to answer your questions, I'm afraid I'm far from qualified. The above link should answer some if not most of your questions. 

Please forgive my inability to help significantly. 

VEDA - Vedas and Vedic Knowledge Online - Vedic Encyclopedia, Bhakti-yoga in vedas, Library
    VEDA - Information resource for Vedas, Vedic knowledge and philosophy, culture and related topics. Vedic Encyclopedia, Bhakti-yoga in vedas, Library.
This reply was deleted.