a blind , deaf and dumb person

hare krishna!

my simple question is if a person is blind , dumb , deaf by birth then how will he chant mahamantra ?

how will he get liberation ?  which type of bhakti vidhi out of 9 he will take ? how will he get darshan ?

how will he give devotional service ? 

is there any instance for such rare case in our scriptures ?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HARE KRISHNA PRABHUJI . 

PLEASE ACCEPT MY HUMBLE PRANAAMS .!

Please  remember that to cure a disease , along with the medicines , you need to co-operate with the doctor.You need the follow the rules that he says ( like take this , do not do this , that etc.). 

Suppose a person A suffers from Back pain. The doctor prescribes him some painkiller,and also advises him not to overstrain. But  he takes the medicines, but overstrains himself , will his back pain go away? NO! He should not overstrain himself. Likewise , to get liberated , you need to take KRISHNA PRASAD , but not only that , you must associate with devotees , engage in Sri Krishna's service , devote yourself like Maharaja Ambarisa , Be tolerant like Prahlad Maharaj , Love Krishna with all your heart and soul LIKE SRI RADHARANI , and , most importantly ,control your senses . 

This might be easy to a blind,deaf, dumb person , because he cannot see anything bad , hear or speak anything worser , moreover , he might also be humble , because of the disability he has.

Comming to the point of your question being answered , Even you have said  " so krishna prasadam is not enough for purification "  . It does purify you , but what about the tons and tons of karma one has accumulated?  You need to control all senses , engage your service to KRISHNA , etc. In this way , you will surely get liberated ... !

sarva-dharmān parityajya mām ekaṁ śharaṇaṁ vraja
    ahaṁ tvāṁ sarva-pāpebhyo mokṣhayiṣhyāmi mā śhuchaḥ. 

hARE KRISHNA !

PLEASE note that i am a great fool  If i have offended, please forgive me . i have no kowlegde of the scriptures, i have told you the facts in a truthful way , IN the best way i can . Please forgive me if i have offended . I am sorry that i spoke a lot. ( HARE KRISHNA)! 

• Yes, there is a possibility of teaching them. by the grace of a guru , one can do it . To cite an example from the material world , Helen Keller learned french , english and what not , she was also blind, deaf , dumb.She  read all those and learnt them . She also mastered them , and also learnt mathematics, and what not ? So , from this example , when a blind,deaf,dumb person can learn many languages , why not a simple mahamantra?  Its Possible , maybe easy too.

Remember, everything is possible by the grace of Krishna And Guruji.  

Hare Krishna to all 

Yours Humbly

A Krishnadas.

• E-Counselor

It will be greatness of prasadam only that next birth he will get another functioning human body. 

Please realise we are talking hypothetically. Which soul has which karma who knows? The baggage we are carrying, how much will get erased when and by which devotional activity, nobody can say. At the end of the day, mercy is without any cause. Thats why its called causeless mercy.

Purified people do devotion and desire to serve the lord in the spiritual world, only then they go back to Godhead. Free will is applicable to purified people also. Now that the soul has become purified by eating prasadam, he will get a body in which he can do devotion, get further purified and go back. 

You have also had Krsna prasadam I am sure. Has that purified you completely prabhuji? Why not? 

• E-Counselor

body changes, soul doesnt. Karma is done by soul, using body as instrument to do that karma. 

• E-Counselor

The way out for such a person is - give him prasadam to eat. Pray for him. The soul would also have some karma to get birth in a human body, but whose eyes, ears and tongue dont function.

Next birth he will get proper human body and chance to choose devotion.

The devotee mentioned by Yashoda mataji is Bilvamangal Thakur.

This reply was deleted.