Another Thing that Separates Us

Here Krsna --I just recieved a series of emails in my box concerning "gay" devotees. I am a Prabhupada disciple and I am very disturbed that in 2008 we are still debating what to do in this regard. We need to get off our high horses and know that every spirit soul is part and parcel of Krsna. We are all in this material world due to perverted desires to be God ourselves. We cannot differenciatie that this material desire is acceptable and this other one is not.In my days living in the temple, we coexisted with many gay devotees and Srila Prabhupada engaged them in tons of devotional service. I was not specifically aware that certain devotees were gay until later. The main thing is that if we are all spirit soul, the "cure" is the same, no matter what our particular attraction is to whatever phantasmagoria we waste our time chasing. Our business as devotees is to bring Krsna to sincere souls who are interested in reviving our original loving relationship with the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna, our dearmost friend. Let's not get sidetracted with condemnation. Every second we look at someone else and condemn them is a second we lose not taking care of our own business.Of course, we need to make sure our children are protected from preditors, but we should not assume that just because someone is gay that they are preditors. A krsna Conscious Website should not be used for alterior motives. People who would attempt to do this, no matter what our leanings, should be lovingly steered in another direction, but not condemned. There is room in this movement for every sincere soul, we should always look for what unites us, not what divides us.Thank you for reading this, Your servant, Bhumi devi dasi

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haribol!!!
  • This is an excellent post!

Hare Krishna,
  • Volunteer
    Deart Bhumi devi dasi, I know a lot of devotees love you because you helped them learn how to distribute books and my wife, Svayam Rasesvari devi dasi, is very grateful to you for much wonderful advice and good counsel. I agree with everything you say here and can only add that unless the men learn how to properly manage their ojas shakti there will be trouble with sex in every shape and form.
This reply was deleted.