ISKCON Desire Tree - Devotee Network

Connecting Devotees Worldwide - In Service Of Srila Prabhupada

Guru (69)

Featured Questions

The determination to give up bad association

The following verse is found in the Kātyāyana-saṁhitā (Hari-bhakti-vilāsa 10.295, Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu 1.2.111)— varaṁ huta-vaha-jvālāp…

Started by brajsunderdasLatest Reply

are teachers really cooperative and understanding with their students?

if a student does not perform well in examination teachers instead of encouraging that student to study the next time ,shout at him call hi…

Started by aashiLatest Reply

spiritual activities at school

i am a 8th std student. my school encourages sports,art, dance, music.but spiritual activities aren't followed .please suggest some spiritu…

Started by aashiLatest Reply

Questions Replies Latest Activity

Books

Hare krishna my obeisances.I wanted to know if anyone could send me a book about Vaishnava etiquette and if there was one about etiquette g…

Started by Bhakta Israel

4 Nov 9
Reply by Parul

Guru-Disciple letter

Hare Krishna my obeisances, I wanted to consult the following regarding guru-disciple: A long time ago I write letters to my guru giving hi…

Started by Bhakta Israel

0 Sep 11

Lord nityananda

By the grace of nityananda prabhu we develop attraction for sri gauranga.Nityanand prabhu helps us consolidate the foundation on which we c…

Started by manikanta

1 Feb 24
Reply by Bharat

Bhagavad gita 1.1 purport

Srila prabhupada explains that in the Gita Mahatma it says one must read Bhagavad Gita very scrutinizingly with the help of a person who i…

Started by Nick

2 Feb 7
Reply by Walter Cloud ShaktimanahDasa

importance of accepting gurus only from ISKCON

Being a devotee from ISKCON, why is it important to accept siksa and diksa guru from ISKCON only? What are the advantages of this practice?…

Started by nischalinn

5 Jul 3, 2017
Reply by Gauragopala dasa

Quality of a Guru...

I believe, the process of Guru parampara, but actually I don't understand the value of drinking holy water which washed from Grurudev's Toe…

Started by Shamulailatpam Robindro Sharma

1 May 26, 2017

Is guru mandatory to achieve the Krishna consciousness ?

Is GURU mandatory to achieve Krishna consciousness? Or just by chanting the Maha mantra 'Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Har…

Started by Kollipara Sai Sri Harsha

3 Apr 26, 2017

Who are Professional Bhagavatam reciters ?

Prabhupada has warned us not to go to or listen to professional Bhagavatam reciters.  This also applies to devotees in Krishna Conscious.  …

Started by Parag

2 Mar 23, 2017
Reply by Radha Rasamayi DD

HH Bhakti Vidyapurna Swami

Hare Krsna, please accept my humble obeisances. I recently heard that HH Bhakti Vidyapurna Swami is not initiating disciples, but that he…

Started by Marko Đomlija

0 Feb 6, 2017

vaishnava guru parampara

Hare Krishna  Danvat Prnaam ; Many devotes believe that we don't need any guru for guru-shishya parampara; our real guru is srila prabhupad…

Started by Akash gupta

2 Aug 30, 2016
Reply by kŗşņa dasa

RSS

© 2018   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service